Canterbury Glass - Sacred Scenes And Characters FLAC album
Title: Sacred Scenes And Characters
Style: Psychedelic Rock, Art Rock
FLAC version ZIP size: 1715 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1735 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1420 mb
Other Formats: AIFF DTS MP2 DMF DXD ASF MP4
Complete your Canterbury Glass collection. Canterbury Glass recorded their only album in 1968. They were immediately offered a deal by Polydor, which they turned down in the hope of securing a better deal with CBS. However, this ploy backfired badly. They were eventually declined by CBS, by which time Polydor had lost interest, and as a result the album went unreleased. Understandably disheartened, the band broke up shortly afterwards. Four decades later, Malcolm Ironton discovered the master tapes for four of the six original tracks.
Band Name Canterbury Glass. Album Name Sacred Scenes and Characters. Labels Stamford Audio Ork Records. Music StyleProgressive Rock. Members owning this album1.
But CANTERBURY GLASS are still alive for us progressive rock fans. They had recorded some demonstrated material for their debut album, that finally could not see the light, and released in a compiled album in 2007. the four tracks are so lively enough to make us crazie
Sacred Scenes And Characters (2007). Canterbury Glass - Sacred Scenes And Characters.
Sacred Scenes and Characters. Sacred Scenes and Characters. Stamford Audio STAMLP 1007.
In 1968, Canterbury Glass recorded six tracks in London for an album that went unreleased at the time, the group disbanding after interest from a couple record labels fell through. Nearly 40 years later, many of the tapes were rediscovered and issued on this CD. This isn't quite the original album; two of the six tracks couldn't be found, and the "bonus" cut, a demo of one of the two missing songs, apparently bears no resemblance to the version recorded for the album
Tracklist Hide Credits
Guitar – Steve Hackett
|5||We're Going To Beat It (Battle Hymn) (Demo)||5:13|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Crocodile Music
- Copyright (c) – Ork Records
- Marketed By – Cherry Red Records Ltd.
- Distributed By – Cherry Red Records Ltd.
- Bass, Vocals, Written-By – Tony Proto
- Cover [Original Cover Design] – Murray West
- Design [Package design and artwork] – Adam Yeldham
- Drums – Dave Dowle
- Engineer – Chris Kimsey
- Guitar, Organ, Harpsichord – Mike Hall
- Guitar, Vocals, Written-By – Malcolm Ironton
- Liner Notes – Lee Connolly
- Mastered By – SRT
- Photography – Dennis Gooden, Michael Wimbleton
- Producer – Harry Roberts, Roger Lewis
- Vocals, Flute, Harmonica – Valerie Watson
NotesSound restoration by Crocodile Music
Album origination by Malcom Ironton, with thanks to Billy Jay
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 013929 592520
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LV88
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 1262
- Matrix / Runout: [MPG - logo] CA [email protected]@ 9/13/2007 6:05:07 PM 0000296352
- Rights Society: MCPS
|GEM 118||Canterbury Glass||Sacred Scenes And Characters (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Flawed Gems||GEM 118||Sweden||2013|
|STAMLP1007||Canterbury Glass||Sacred Scenes And Characters (LP, Album, Gat)||Stamford Audio||STAMLP1007||UK||2010|
|STAMLP1007||Canterbury Glass||Sacred Scenes And Characters (LP, Album, RE, Gat)||Stamford Audio||STAMLP1007||Europe||2010|