Pretenders - Pretenders II FLAC album
Title: Pretenders II
Style: New Wave, Pop Rock
FLAC version ZIP size: 1271 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1324 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1369 mb
Other Formats: VQF MOD XM MP3 DXD AAC VQF
Pretenders is the debut studio album by British-American band The Pretenders, released on 7 January 1980 under Real Records in the UK, and Sire Records in the United States. A combination of rock, punk and pop music, this album made the band famous. The album features the singles "Stop Your Sobbing", "Kid" and "Brass in Pocket". Nick Lowe produced the Pretenders' first single, "Stop Your Sobbing", but decided not to work with them again as he thought the band was "not going anywhere".
Listen free to The Pretenders – Pretenders II (The Adultress, Bad Boys Get Spanked and more). The Pretenders' debut album was such a powerful, monumental record that its sequel was bound to be a bit of a disappointment, and Pretenders II is. Essentially, this album is an unabashed sequel, offering more of the same sound, attitude, and swagger, including titles that seem like rips on their predecessors and another Ray Davies cover
Формируйте собственную коллекцию записей Pretenders. Pretenders (Cass, Album). NOVA Companhia De Música, Lda. RAL 3 NP. Portugal. SIR M5S 6083, M5S 6083.
The Pretenders issued 'Pretenders II' on Aug. 15, 1981, just before the original lineup disintegrated. The same sense of apprehension governed Pretenders II, a rushed and somewhat too-similar album that arrived on Aug. 15, 1981, with all of the built-in disadvantages of a sequel. Hynde wrote 11 familiar-sounding songs, pairing them, once again, with a cover from boyfriend Ray Davies' catalog. In the end, the whole enterprise seemed reheated, like something that held too much reverence for what came before. But this timeHynde's lyrics weren't as cutting, and Honeyman-Scott's playing felt more careful
Pretenders (1980) - download the album and listen online. On this page you can listen to the album, get information about the album, see the list of songs and much more. Listen online and stay in a good mood. Org Album: Pretenders (1980).
Nom de l'album Pretenders II. Type Album. Date de parution 15 Août 1981. Labels Warner Music Group Sire Records Rhino Records. 2. Bad Boys Get Spanked. 5. Birds of Paradise. 7. Pack It Up. 03:50.
Exclusive discount for Prime members. Sample this album Artist (Sample). 1. 30. The Adultress. If you enjoyed their first album, Pretenders II will not disappoint! There's no sophomore slump here. 2 people found this helpful.
Their second album, Pretenders II, was released a scant two months later, to mixed critical reception, partly because two of the better songs on the album had been previously released, and partly because many of the songs were viewed as overly-similar (though not quite as groundbreaking) to the band's debut. Nevertheless, several of the album's songs became hits and the album has increased in critical stature with time
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A2||Bad Boys Get Spanked||4:04|
|A3||Message Of Love||3:26|
|A4||I Go To Sleep
Written-By – Ray Davies
|A5||Birds Of Paradise||4:14|
|A6||Talk Of The Town||2:45|
|B1||Pack It Up
Written-By – James Honeyman Scott*
|B2||Waste Not Want Not||3:43|
|B3||Day After Day
Written-By – James Honeyman Scott*
|B5||The English Roses||4:28|
- Marketed By – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Real Records
- Copyright (c) – Real Records
- Published By – Al Gallico Music Corp.
- Published By – Jay Boy Music Corp.
- Recorded At – Wessex Sound Studios
- Recorded At – Pathé-Marconi Studios
- Mixed At – Wessex Sound Studios
- Mastered At – Amigo Studios
- Pressed By – Capitol Records Pressing Plant, Winchester
- Artwork [Artwork Preparation] – KGB Studios
- Bass, Vocals – Pete Farndon
- Drums, Vocals – Martin Chambers
- French Horn – Geoff Bryant*
- Guitar, Keyboards, Vocals – James Honeyman Scott*
- Guitar, Vocals – Chrissie Hynde
- Management – Dave Hill
- Mastered By – PB*
- Musician [Odds 'n' Ends] – Chris Thomas
- Photography By [Back Cover], Photography [Liner Sleeve] – Wendy Dancey
- Photography By [Front Cover] – Gavin Cochrane
- Photography By [Liner Sleeve] – Lynn Goldsmith
- Producer – Chris Thomas
- Recorded By – Bill Price
- Recorded By [Assistant] – Jeremy Green, Jon Walls
- Tenor Saxophone – Chris Mercer
- Trumpet – Henry Lowther, Jim Wilson
- Written-By – Chrissie Hynde (tracks: A1 to A3, A5 to B6)
NotesPressing variation Capitol Records Pressing Plant, Winchester
Recorded at Wessex Studios, London and Pathe Marconi Studios, Paris. Mixed at Wessex.
A Real Record.
© & ℗ 1980, 1981 Real Records (Side One)
© & ℗ 1981 Real Records (Side Two)
All songs published by Al Gallico Music Corp.-BMI except
A4 published by Jay Boy Music Corp.-BMI
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 7599-23572-1
- Barcode (Scanned): 075992357210
- Matrix / Runout (Side 1 Runout Etched): SRK-1-3572-WW1#2 —◁
- Matrix / Runout (Side 2 Runout Etched): SRK-2-3572-W#2 SP I2I —◁
- Rights Society: BMI
|SRK 3572||Pretenders*||Pretenders II (LP, Album)||Real Records||SRK 3572||UK||1981|
|K 56.924, SIRE K 56924||Pretenders*||Pretenders II (LP, Album)||Real Records , Real Records||K 56.924, SIRE K 56924||UK & Europe||1981|
|M5S-3572||Pretenders*||Pretenders II (Cass, Album, Club)||Sire||M5S-3572||US||1981|
|203 890, 203 890-320||Pretenders*||Pretenders II (LP, Album)||Ariola, Ariola||203 890, 203 890-320||Germany||1981|
|K 56924, (SRK 3572)||Pretenders*||Pretenders II (LP, Album)||Real Records , Real Records||K 56924, (SRK 3572)||Netherlands||1981|