Marlena Shaw - Marlena FLAC album
Genre: Jazz / Soul and Funk music
FLAC version ZIP size: 1590 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1622 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1895 mb
Other Formats: MPC MMF MP4 TTA ASF XM VQF
The Spice of Life is the second album by Marlena Shaw. It was her last studio album with Cadet Records and contains her famous version of the Ashford & Simpson song "California Soul". Woman of the Ghetto" (Bobby Miller, Marlena Shaw, Richard Evans) 6:02. Call it Stormy Monday" (T-Bone Walker) 3:01. Where Can I Go?" (Leo Fuld, Sigment Berland, Sonny Miller) 2:21. I'm Satisfied" (Morris Dollison) 2:48. I Wish I Knew (How It Would Feel To Be Free)" (Billy Taylor, Dick Dallas) 3:12.
Just a Matter of Time (Marlena Shaw album). Just a Matter of Time is an album by American vocalist Marlena Shaw recorded in 1976 and released on the Blue Note label. The song "Be For Real" was covered by Leonard Cohen on his 1992 album The Future. It's Better Than Walkin' Out" (Lee Garrett, Robert Taylor) - 4:20.
Marlena Shaw (born Marlina Burgess, September 22, 1942, New Rochelle, New York, United States) is an American singer. Shaw began her singing career in the 1960s and is still singing today. Her music has often been sampled in hip hop music, and used in television commercials. Shaw is a true original with a sound that is soulful, swinging and versatile.
Marlena (Marlena Shaw album). Studio album by Marlena Shaw. Marlena is an album by American vocalist Marlena Shaw recorded in 1972 and released on the Blue Note label. The album was Shaw's third release and her first for the Blue Note label. What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life?" (Alan Bergman, Marilyn Bergman, Michel Legrand) - 5:08. Somewhere" (Stephen Sondheim, Leonard Bernstein) - 3:28. Runnin' Out of Fools" (Kay Rogers, Richard Ahlert) - 4:48. So Far Away" (Carole King) - 3:58.
Marlena Shaw - Слушайте Marlena Shaw на Deezer. Благодаря потоковой трансляции музыки на Deezer вы можете слушать более 53 млн треков, создавать свои плейлисты и делиться любимыми песнями с друзьями. Marlena Shaw drew most of her early influences from her uncle, the jazz trumpeter Jimmy Burgess, who introduced her to many records by various jazz greats, notably Dizzy Gillespie and Miles Davis. Burgess was also responsible for Shaw's first stage appearance with his band at Harlem's famous Apollo Theatre in 1952 when she was only 10.
Marlena is an album by American vocalist Marlena Shaw recorded in 1972 and released on the Blue Note label. I'm Gonna Find Out" (Ralph Harrington) - 3:52.
In 1977, Soul singer Marlena Shaw released Sweet Beginnings that contained, arguably, Shaw's finest moment: "Yu Ma" and "Go Away Little Boy", a medley containing the old Goffin and Carole King standard, originally recorded by Nancy Wilson. The album also contains the track "Look At Me, Look At You", popular on the . 180 gram audiophile vinyl. 1. Sweet Beginnings 2. Look At Me, Look At You 3. (We're Flying) 4. No Deposit, No Return 5. Johnny 6. I Think I'll Tell Him. In 1977, Soul singer Marlena Shaw released Sweet Beginnings that contained, arguably, Shaw's finest moment: "Yu Ma" and "Go Away Little Boy", a medley containing the old Goffin and Carole King standard, originally recorded by Nancy Wilson.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life
Written-By – A. & M. Bergman*, M. Le Grand*
Written-By – L. Bernstein*, S. Sondheim*
|A3||Runnin' Out Of Fools
Written-By – K. Rogers*, R. Ahlert*
|A4||So Far Away
Written-By – C. King*
|A5||I'm Gonna Find Out
Written By – B. & V. Harrington
|B1||Save The Children
Written-By – A. Cleveland*, M. Gaye*, R. Benson*
|B2||You Must Believe In Spring
Written-By – A. & M. Bergman*, J. Demy*, M. Le Grand*
|B3||Wipe Away The Evil
Written-By – H. Silver*
|B4||Things Don't Never Go My Way
Written-By – L. McGlohon*, T. Faile*
- Record Company – Blue Note Records
- Manufactured By – United Artists Records, Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – United Artists Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – United Artists Records, Inc.
- Published By – United Artists Music Co., Inc.
- Published By – G. Schirmer
- Published By – Chappell & Co.
- Published By – Screen Gems-Columbia Music, Inc.
- Published By – Colgems Music Corp.
- Published By – Garlon Music Co.
- Published By – Jobete Music Co.
- Published By – N.S. Beaujolais Music Inc.
- Published By – Ecaroh Music
- Published By – Navona Music Co.
- Recorded At – A&R Studios
- Designed At – Paul Bruhwiler, Inc.
- Arranged By – Wade Marcus
- Art Direction – Norman Seeff
- Bass – Richard Davis
- Bongos – Johnny Pacheco
- Cello – Charles McCracken, Seymour Barab
- Congas – Johnny Pacheco, Raymond Orchart
- Drums – Jimmy Johnson
- Electric Bass [Fender] – Gordon Edwards
- Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes] – Derex Smith*, Paul Griffin
- Engineer [Recording] – Don Hahn
- Flute, Oboe, English Horn – Philip Bodner*
- Guitar – Cornell Dupree, Jay Berliner, Vincent Bell*
- Harp – Gene Bianco
- Organ – Paul Griffin
- Percussion – Omar Clay
- Photography By – Malcolm Hart
- Piano [Acoustic] – Derex Smith*, Paul Griffin
- Producer – George Butler
- Soloist [Violin] – Irving Spice
- Viola – Julien Barber, Seymour Berman, Theodore Israel
- Violin – Harry Lookofsky, Irving Spice, Louis Haber, Louis Stone, Paul Gershman, Paul Winter
- Vocals – Marlena Shaw
NotesOn back cover:
Recorded at: A & R Recording Studio
Recorded on: August 10th & 11th, 1972
Cover design: Paul Bruhwiler, Inc.
©℗MCMLXII United Artists Records, Inc.
Manufactured by United Artists Records, Inc.
Track A1: From the United Artists Motion Picture "The Happy Ending"
Track A2: From the United Artists Motion Picture "West Side Story"
Track B2: From the Motion Picture "The Young Girls of Rochefort"
Blue Note Records • A division of United Artists Records, Inc.
℗1972 United Artists Records, Inc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society (A1, A4 to B3): ASCAP
- Rights Society (A2, A3, B4): BMI
- Other (spine): 0598
- Matrix / Runout (A runout etched): BST 84422 A 1
- Matrix / Runout (B runout etched): BST 84422-B 1
|TOCJ-4422||Marlena Shaw||Marlena (CD, Album, RE)||Blue Note||TOCJ-4422||Japan||1993|
|BST 84 422 K||Marlena Shaw||Marlena (LP, Album)||Blue Note||BST 84 422 K||Germany||1972|
|TOCJ-6702, BST-84422||Marlena Shaw||Marlena (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Blue Note, Blue Note||TOCJ-6702, BST-84422||Japan||2006|
|TOCJ-6741, BST-84422||Marlena Shaw||Marlena (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Blue Note, Blue Note||TOCJ-6741, BST-84422||Japan||2009|