Meshell Ndegeocello - Ventriloquism FLAC album
Genre: Soul and Funk music
FLAC version ZIP size: 1901 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1800 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1321 mb
Other Formats: MP3 MMF VQF FLAC VOC MP1 WAV
Ventriloquism is the 12th studio album from Meshell Ndegeocello, released on March 16, 2018. The album covers eleven R&B and pop tracks originally recorded in the 1980s and 1990s. It was nominated for Best Urban Contemporary Album at the 2018 Grammy Awards. A portion of the profits of the album will go to the ACLU. Interview with Billboard.
Meshell Ndegeocello - Ventriloquism (Album Mix). Ventriloquism (Album Mix). Download MP3. Meshell Ndegeocello.
Summary: The covers album from the singer-songwriter features such 1980s songs as George Clinton's "Atomic Dog 2017," Janet Jackson's "Funny How Time Flies (When You're Having Fun)," Prince's "Sometimes It Snows in April," Sade's "Smooth Operator," Tina Turner's "Private Dancer," and "TLC's "Waterfalls.
Meshell Ndegeocello – Ventriloquism. Label: Naïve – M6701, Believe – M6701. Smooth Operator (Meshell Ndegeocello Version). Guitar – Jeff ParkerNarrator – Eric By – Raymond William St. John, Helen Sade Adu.
Covers have been part of Meshell Ndegeocello album sessions since 1996, when the masterful bassist and undervalued vocalist updated Bill Withers' "Who Is He and What Is He to Yo. Her 0s repertoire included radically reshaped versions of songs originally recorded by and/or associated with Ready for the World, Leonard Cohen, the Soul Children, Nina Simone, and Whodini.
In the 25 years since her Grammy-nominated debut album Plantation Lullabies, Meshell Ndegeocello has traveled quite the musical road with a blend of funk, soul, and jazz. With her 13th album, slyly titled Ventriloquism, Ndegeocello has pulled off what might be her biggest surprise yet: she’s put together a set of covers of ‘80s and ‘90s R&B classics
Album · 2018 · 11 Songs. 11 Songs, 53 Minutes. Released: Mar 16, 2018. 2018 Naïve, a division of Believe. More By Meshell Ndegeocello.
Today, Meshell Ndegeocello is debuting on Jezebel the video for her twangy cover of Ralph Tresvant’s simmering new jack swing classic Sensitivity themuse. July 9 at 4:54 AM ·. Innervisions festival 2018.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||I Wonder If I Take You Home
Producer [Vocal Production] – Jack DeBoeVocals [Additionnal] – Kat KhaleelWritten-By – Brian George, Curt Bedeau*, Gerry Charles*, Hugh Clarke, Lucien George, Paul George
|2||Nite And Day
Written-By – Albert Joseph Brown III, Kyle West
|3||Sometimes It Snows In April
Bass [Additional] – Kaveh RastegarWritten-By – Lisa Coleman, Prince, Wendy Melvoin
Written-By – Lisa Nicole Lopes*, Marqueze Ethridge, Patrick L. Brown*, Raymon Ameer Murray*, Rico Renard Wade*
|5||Atomic Dog 2017
Guitar [Additional] – Doyle Bramhall IIVocals [Additional] – Jonathan Hoard, Justin HicksWritten-By – David Lee Spradley*, Garry Marshall Shider*, George Clinton Jr*
Guitar [Additional] – Adam LevyWoodwind – Levon HenryWritten-By – James Harris III / Terry Lewis*
|7||Funny How Time Flies (When You're Having Fun)
Bass [Additional] – Kaveh RastegarVoice [Spoken Words] – Anne SchermerhornWritten-By – James Harris III / Terry Lewis*
Harmonica – Chris Pierce Written-By – James Harris III / Terry Lewis*
|9||Don't Disturb This Groove
Guitar [Additional] – Jeff ParkerWritten-By – David Martin Frank*, Michael Austin Murphy*
Guitar [Additional] – Adam LevyWoodwind – Levon HenryWritten-By – Mark Knopfler
|11||Smooth Operator (Meshell Ndegeocello Version)
Guitar [Additional] – Jeff ParkerNarrator – Eric SchermerhornWritten-By – Raymond William St. John*, Helen Sade Adu*
- Distributed By – Believe
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Naïve
- Published By – Naïve
- Published By – Across 110th Street Publishing
- Published By – Angel Music Ltd.
- Published By – Belt Star Music
- Published By – BMG Rights Management
- Published By – Bridgeport Music
- Published By – Concord Music Publishing
- Published By – Controversy Music
- Published By – Éditions Semi
- Published By – EMI April Music Inc.
- Published By – EMI Music Publishing France
- Published By – Flyte Tyme Tunes, Inc.
- Published By – Forceful Music
- Published By – Hitco Music
- Published By – Kobalt Songs Music Publishing
- Published By – Organized Noize Music
- Published By – NPG Publishing
- Published By – peermusic (UK) Ltd
- Published By – Roynet Music
- Published By – Science Lab Music
- Published By – Songs Of Kobalt Music Publishing
- Published By – Sony
- Published By – Sony/ATV Music Publishing France
- Published By – Southfield Music, Inc.
- Published By – Straitjacket Songs Ltd.
- Published By – 'TIZBIZ Music
- Published By – Universal Music-Careers
- Published By – Universal Music-Z Songs
- Published By – Willarie Publishing
- Recorded At – Groundlift Research & Development
- Recorded At – Lucy's Meat Market
- Drums – Abraham Rounds
- Executive-Producer – Secret Weapon
- Guitar – Chris Bruce
- Keyboards – Jebin Bruni
- Legal [Copyright Clearances] – Victor Milchberg
- Mixed By, Mastered By – Pete Min
- Photography By – Charlie Gross
- Producer – Jebin Bruni
- Producer, Vocals, Bass – Meshell Ndegeocello*
- Recorded By – S. Husky Höskulds*
- Recorded By [Additional Recording] – Pete Min
NotesGatefold card sleeve with two slots, one with disc, one with booklet
16-page booklet: credits, photo, release notes.
Unopened item comes with a sticker with artist & title.
No durations appear on the release.
Recorded at Groundlift Research & Development
Additional Recording at Lucy's Meat Market
1: Universal Music Z Songs / Universal Music Careers / Foreceful Music
2: EMI April Music Inc. / Across 110th St. Publishing / Willarie Publishing // Courtesy of EMI Music Publishing France
3: NPG Publishing / Controversy Music
4: EMI April Music Inc. / Belt Star Music / Tizbiz Music LLC admin. by Roynet / Hitco Music / Organized Noize Music // Courtesy of BMG Rights Management, EMI Music Publishing & French Fried Music
5: Southfield Music Inc. Bridgeport Music Publishing, administered by Kobalt Songs Music Publishing (ASCAP), Songs of Kobalt Music Publishing (BMI)
6 to 8: EMI April Music Inc. / Flyte Tyme Tunes, Inc. // Courtesy of EMI Music Publishing France
9: Science Lab Music / Applause And Encore Music // Courtesy of EMI Music Publishing France and Concord Music Publishing
10: Straitjacket Songs Ltd.
11: Angel Music Ltd / Peermusic (UK) Ltd // Courtesy of SEMI & Sony/ATV Music Publishing (France)
℗&© 2018 naïve, a division of Believe.
Made In France.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned): 3700187667016
- Barcode (Printed): 3 700187 667016
- Label Code: LC 78174
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): CA M6701 @
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): CA M6701 @ IFPI L039 01/11/18 11:05:04 PM
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L039
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 1270
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 127D
- Rights Society: SACEM SACD SDRM SCAM
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Rights Society: BMI
|PCD-24712||Meshell Ndegeocello*||Ventriloquism (CD, Album)||P-Vine Records||PCD-24712||Japan||2018|
|M6702||Meshell Ndegeocello*||Ventriloquism (LP + LP, S/Sided, Etch + Album)||Naïve||M6702||US||2018|
|none||Meshell Ndegeocello*||Ventriloquism (CDr, Album, Promo)||Naïve||none||UK||2018|