Ry Cooder - Pull Up Some Dust And Sit Down FLAC album
Genre: Rock / Blues / Folk and World music
Title: Pull Up Some Dust And Sit Down
Style: Blues Rock, Folk Rock, Pop Rock, Folk, Modern Electric Blues
FLAC version ZIP size: 1587 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1372 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1342 mb
Other Formats: WAV VQF VOX AUD XM DTS MP2
Album Stream: Ry Cooder, 'The Prodigal Son'. View All. The Prodigal Son. Chávez Ravine.
Pull Up Some Dust and Sit Down. Pull Up Some Dust and Sit Down is the fourteenth studio album by American singer-songwriter and t Ry Cooder. It released on August 30, 2011, by Nonesuch Records. Following his 2008 album I, Flathead, Cooder pursued a more political direction with his songwriting, inspired by the late-2000s economic crisis and protest songs of the past.
Cooder's 2005 album Chávez Ravine was touted by his record label as being "a post-World War II-era American narrative of 'cool cats', radios, UFO sightings, J. Edgar Hoover, red scares, and baseball". The record is a tribute to the long-gone Los Angeles Latino enclave known as Chávez Ravine. Using real and imagined historical characters, Cooder and friends created an album that recollects various aspects of the poor but vibrant hillside Chicano community which no longer exists . Album: Ry Cooder, Pull Up Some Dust And Sit Down (Nonesuch)". Retrieved September 4, 2011.
The 14 songs on Pull Up Some Dust and Sit Down are, by turns, angry, outraged, bitterly funny, and deeply poignant. With brilliant, Woody Guthrie-like directness and a healthy dollop of satire, Cooder's lyrics address the often-sorry state of our domestic affairs: the bank bailout, the anti-immigration movement, the ever-growing gap between rich and poor, and the never-ending war in the Middle East and its devastating physical and emotional toll on young soldiers. This seems to be an album that sums up all that Ry Cooder has done musically before while, at the same time, being a great stand-alone album. Many of the styles and genres, Ry Cooder has explored in the past are found in the songs on this album. I've found very few rock, pop, or rap albums that acknowledge and mull over what has happened to America financially, politically, and socially since 2008.
Album · 2011 · 14 Songs. Master guitarist and musical chameleon Ry Cooder tackles some serious subjects with characteristic wit and humor on Pull Up Some Dust and Sit Down. Taking a cue from his hero Woody Guthrie, Cooder delivers a batch of topical and political songs in the grand folk music tradition. He takes on greedy bankers waiting on a handout on No Banker Left Behind, the plight of illegal immigrants on Quick Sand and Dirty Chateau, and the home front realities of modern war on Baby Joined the Army and Christmas Time This Year, the latter set to an upbeat Mexican accordion melody (by.
Drums – Joachim CooderVocals, Guitar, Mandola, Banjo, Bass – Ry Cooder. 2. El Corrido De Jesse James. Accordion – Flaco JimenezClarinet – Arturo GallardoDrums – Joachim CooderPercussion – Edgar CastroSousaphone, Alto Horn – Pablo Molina (2)Trombone – Erasto RoblesTrumpet – Carlos González (7)Vocals, Bajo Sexto, Bass – Ry Cooder. Drums – Joachim CooderVocals, Guitar, Bass – Ry Cooder.
Request an album send to friend. Pull Up Some Dust And Sit Down (2011). Ry Cooder - Pull Up Some Dust And Sit Down. Bitrate (quality): 192256320.
Some even refer to class or (can it be?) speak up for unions. But not one has topped a sardonic satire like "No Banker Left Behind" with a murderous ballad about Jesse James and his illicitly retrieved. 44 taking every bonus-hogging fat cat in heaven to hell with him, or despoiled a Christmas corrido for GIs on leave with anything as gruesome as "I'd like a mouth so I can kiss my honey on. the lips. A few tracks drag and one or two misfire.
Vigilante Man. Ry Cooder. 2018 Live Radio Broadcast. Pull Up Some Dust and Sit Down.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||No Banker Left Behind
Drums – Joachim CooderMandola, Banjo, Bass – Ry Cooder
|A2||El Corrido De Jesse James
Accordion – Flaco JimenezBajo Sexto, Bass – Ry CooderClarinet – Arturo GallardoDrums – Joachim CooderPercussion – Edgar CastroSousaphone, Alto Horn – Pablo Molina Trombone – Erasto RoblesTrumpet – Carlos Gonzales
Bass – Ry CooderDrums – Joachim Cooder
Backing Vocals – Juliette CommagereBass – Ry CooderDrums – Joachim CooderViolin – Ismael Hernandez*, Jesus Guzman, Jimmy Cuellar, Raul Cuellar
|B1||Humpty Dumpty World
Backing Vocals – Arnold McCuller, Terry Evans, Willie Green*Drums, Bass – Joachim CooderMandola, Marimba – Ry Cooder
|B2||Christmas Time This Year
Accordion – Flaco JimenezBajo Sexto – Ry CooderBass – Robert Francis Drums – Joachim Cooder
|B3||Baby Joined The Army||6:34|
|C1||Lord Tell Me Why
Backing Vocals – Arnold McCuller, Terry Evans, Willie Green*Drums – Jim KeltnerKeyboards, Bass – Ry CooderWritten-By – Jim Keltner, Ry Cooder
|C2||I Want My Crown
Backing Vocals – Arnold McCuller, Terry Evans, Willie Green*Bass – Robert Francis Clarinet, Saxophone – Arturo GallardoDrums – Joachim CooderSousaphone – Pablo Molina Timbales, Snare, Bass Drum – Edgar CastroTrombone – Erasto RoblesTrumpet – Carlos Gonzales
|C3||John Lee Hooker For President||6:06|
Accordion – Flaco JimenezAlto Saxophone – Arturo GallardoBajo Sexto – Ry CooderBass – Rene Camacho*Drums – Joachim Cooder
Backing Vocals – Juliette CommagereBass – Rene Camacho*Drums – Joachim CooderMarimba – Ry Cooder
|D2||If There's A God
Drums – Joachim CooderMandolin, Bass – Ry Cooder
|D3||No Hard Feelings
Backing Vocals – Arnold McCuller, Terry Evans, Willie Green*Bass – Robert Francis Drums – Joachim Cooder
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Perro Verde Records LLC
- Copyright (c) – Nonesuch Records Inc.
- Licensed To – Nonesuch Records Inc.
- Published By – Hi-Lo Shag Music
- Published By – OOOEEE Music
- Recorded At – Wireland Studios
- Recorded At – Ocean Studios
- Recorded At – Drive By Studios
- Manufactured By – Furnace MFG
- Manufactured By – Pallas USA
- Mastered At – Bernie Grundman Mastering
- Lacquer Cut At – Bernie Grundman Mastering
- Pressed By – Pallas – 22980
- Pressed By – Pallas – 22981
- Made By – Cinram, Olyphant, PA – X36227
- Art Direction – Al Quattrocchi, Jeff Smith , Ry Cooder
- Coordinator [Editorial Coordinator For Nonsuch Records] – Robert Edridge-Waks
- Coordinator [Production Coordinator For Nonsuch Records] – Arthur Moorhead
- Design – Tornado Design
- Illustration [Excerpts For John, 2011] – Vincent Valdez
- Management – Macklam Feldman Management
- Mastered By, Lacquer Cut By – Bernie Grundman
- Photography By [John Lee Hooker On Hasting Street, Detroit, 1959] – Jacques Demêtre
- Photography By [Pershing Square Musician] – William Reagh
- Photography By [Prospector] – Howard R. Cooder
- Photography By [Rancho La Sierrita, Sonora, Mexico] – Paul Turounet
- Producer – Ry Cooder
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Martin Pradler
- Supervised By [Production Supervisor For Nonsuch Records] – Karina Beznicki
- Vocals, Guitar – Ry Cooder
- Written-By – Ry Cooder (tracks: A1 to B3, C2 to D3)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 075597964530
- Matrix / Runout (Vinyl Side A Etched): 1-527407-A BG
- Matrix / Runout (Vinyl Side B Etched): 1-527407-B BG
- Matrix / Runout (Vinyl Side C Etched): 1-527407-C BG
- Matrix / Runout (Vinyl Side D Etched): 1-527407-D BG
- Matrix / Runout (Vinyl Side A & B Stamped): -22980-
- Matrix / Runout (Vinyl Side C & D Stamped): -22981-
- Matrix / Runout (Vinyl Stamped): P. USA
- Matrix / Runout (CD): X36227 1 527407-2 RE-1 TEXT 03
- Other (CD #): PRO 400159
- Matrix / Runout (CD): M0S1
- Mastering SID Code (CD): ifpi L902
- Mould SID Code (CD): IFPI 2U8F
|7559-79768-3||Ry Cooder||Pull Up Some Dust And Sit Down (CD, Album)||Nonesuch||7559-79768-3||Europe||2011|
|PRO400159||Ry Cooder||Pull Up Some Dust And Sit Down (CD, Album, Promo)||Nonesuch||PRO400159||Europe||2011|
|7559797683||Ry Cooder||Pull Up Some Dust And Sit Down (CD, Album)||Nonesuch||7559797683||Australia||2011|
|527407-2 / 7559-79768-3||Ry Cooder||Pull Up Some Dust And Sit Down (CD, Album)||Nonesuch, Perro Verde Records LLC||527407-2 / 7559-79768-3||Argentina||2011|
|527407-2||Ry Cooder||Pull Up Some Dust And Sit Down (CD, Album)||Nonesuch, Perro Verde||527407-2||US||2011|