Steve Adams / Vinny Golia - Circular Logic FLAC album
Title: Circular Logic
Style: Free Jazz, Contemporary Jazz, Free Improvisation
FLAC version ZIP size: 1941 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1423 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1820 mb
Other Formats: DXD AIFF MMF VOX AAC FLAC AC3
In these woodwind duets between Adams (of the Rova Saxophone Quartet) and Golia, the two feed off each other's energies. Many times one will play a higher-register instrument, such as a soprano or alto sax or flute, while the other wields a bass sax, baritone sax, or bass clarinet. Sometime they match timbres, high or low, but mostly it's the two matching wits as if in a chess game, with musical moves, countermoves, and creative notions that speak in clear, American, freedom-based dialect, to the heart of pure, fearless spontaneity.
Steve Adams, Vinny Golia - Circular Logic (CD, Album).
Steve Adams - composer, soprano sax, flute, bass flute Vinny Golia - Bb and bass clarinet. Use shift and the arrow up and down keys to change the volume.
Steve Adams is best-known as a long-term member of the San Francisco Bay Area-based Rova saxophone quartet. Over the past three decades Rova has become a highly respected institution, courtesy of an impressive range of collaborative projects, from work with the Kronos Quartet and pianist Satoko Fujii to multi-media efforts like "Glass Head. Membership in an intensely focused partnership like Rova has obvious benefits, and while Adams' two decade long tenure with the group has yielded incredible opportunities, it has also limited his solo output. Other than a few duo recordings.
Artist: Steve Adams Trio. Album: Surface Tension. Download Steve Adams Trio - Cacophony (for Vinny Golia). Surface Tension: Best 2 songs. Steve Adams Trio - Untitled 1 00:05.
Vinny Golia, Steve Adams (reeds) Ken Filiano (b) Billy Mintz (dr). Cool cool smool mool, Elusive, Marion, Solitary traveler, 3,5,4 Ornette, Shoes’ views, Warp and woof, Subtext, Decoy, Perseverance. Los Angeles, 7-9 Agosto 1988. Steve Adams (sopranino,ss,sa,st,sb,pic,fl) Ken Filiano (b,wind chimes). Berkeley, CA, Luglio 1991, Gennaio 1992. Circular Logic – Music For Woodwinds. Steve Adams (alto-fl,cl/b) Vinny Golia (cl/b,ss). Phonation, Not quite what you thought, Caucus 1, 5 . Into thick air, Caucus 2, Circular logic, Diatribe part 4, Maybe it’s the light, Indeterminate duo 2, In Ludwig’s house, Glue, Indeterminate duo 1, Symbolic logic. Santa Monica, CA, 22-23 Marzo 1998.
Steve Adams & Vinny Golia. Caucus 2. Your browser does not support the audio element.
|2||Not Quite (What We Thought)||5:05|
|5||Into Thick Air||3:40|
|8||Diatribe, Part 4||3:51|
|9||Maybe It's The Light||4:46|
|10||Indeterminate Duo 2||4:28|
|11||In Ludwig's House||9:22|
|13||Indeterminate Duo 1||3:14|
- Recorded At – NewZone Studios
- Alto Clarinet – Vinny Golia (tracks: 13)
- Alto Flute – Steve Adams (tracks: 1, 6), Vinny Golia (tracks: 9)
- Alto Saxophone – Steve Adams (tracks: 3, 12)
- Baritone Saxophone – Steve Adams (tracks: 5, 10), Vinny Golia (tracks: 12)
- Bass Clarinet – Vinny Golia (tracks: 2, 11)
- Bass Flute – Steve Adams (tracks: 4, 9, 11, 14)
- Bass Saxophone – Vinny Golia (tracks: 3, 10, 14)
- Clarinet [A] – Vinny Golia (tracks: 7)
- Clarinet [Bb] – Vinny Golia (tracks: 6, 11)
- Clarinet [Eb], Bassoon, English Horn – Vinny Golia (tracks: 6)
- Concert Flute [C] – Steve Adams (tracks: 4, 11)
- Concert Flute [C], Bass Flute – Vinny Golia (tracks: 4)
- Contra-Alto Clarinet – Vinny Golia (tracks: 6)
- Contrabass Clarinet [Contra Bass] – Vinny Golia (tracks: 1)
- Flute – Steve Adams (tracks: 7)
- Piccolo Flute – Vinny Golia (tracks: 5)
- Sopranino Saxophone – Steve Adams (tracks: 8), Vinny Golia (tracks: 8)
- Soprano Saxophone – Steve Adams (tracks: 2, 3, 13)
- Tenor Saxophone – Steve Adams (tracks: 3)