Miles Davis - Aura FLAC album
FLAC version ZIP size: 1780 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1739 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1331 mb
Other Formats: MP4 AHX XM MIDI RA AU MP3
Aura is a concept album by Miles Davis, produced by Danish composer/trumpeter Palle Mikkelborg, released in 1989. All compositions and arrangements are by Mikkelborg, who created the suite in tribute when Davis received the Léonie Sonning Music Prize in December 1984, the year Decoy was released. This was Miles Davis's final album released in his lifetime.
Miles' last recording for the Columbia label before heading for the financial allure of Warner Bros. in the mid-'80s was not released until 1989. This critic's guess is because largely they had no idea what to do with it. Unlike anything else in his catalog, Aura is a ten-part suite composed by Danish flügelhornist Palle Mikkelborg as a tribute. Influenced deeply by serialism and the inspiration of Gil Evans, Mikkelborg composed a theme from ten notes based on the letters of Davis' first and last names. The notes yielded a chord, which led him through the work.
Aura (Miles Davis album). Flag as Inappropriate. Miles Davis was the first non-classical musician to receive the prize, and was particularly happy to receive the prize when he learned that Igor Stravinsky was one of the earlier recipients. Prior to the concert, Miles Davis was announced to only play for the last ten minutes of the suite. He eventually played for over 40 minutes, also playing Cyndi Lauper and Rob Hyman's "Time after Time" and his own "Jean Pierre. com/album/r106102 Decoy was released in 1983.
Cbs, cbs. Ctx 45332, TX45332. Aura (CD, Album, Pap).
Miles Davis (tpt); Benny Rosenfeld (tpt, flh); Palle Bolvig (tpt, flh); Jens Winther (tpt, flh); Perry Knudsen (tpt, flh); Palle Mikkelborg (tpt, flh); Idrees Sulieman (tpt, flh); Vincent Nilsson (tb); Jens Engel (tb); Ture Larsen (tb); Ole Kurt Jensen (bass tb); Axel Windfeld (bass tb, tuba); Jesper Thilo (reeds, flute); Per Carsten (reeds, flute); Uffe Karskov (reeds, flute); Bent Jaedig (reeds, flute); Flemming Madsen (reeds, flute); Niels Eje (oboe, engl horn); John McLaughlin (el-g); Bjarne Roupee (el-g); Lillian Thornquist (harp); Thomas Clausen. Focuses on the final chapter in the landmark collaboration between Davis and saxophonist John Coltrane: their last live performances together. Recorded in support of Kind of Blue, the best-selling jazz album of all time. 4CD set includes concerts recorded in Paris, Copenhagen and Stockholm from original master tapes.
Album · 1989 · 10 Songs. The Complete Columbia Recordings: Miles Davis & John Coltrane. Mahavishnu Orchestra.
Aura" is a concept album by Miles Davis, produced by Palle Mikkelborg, released in 1989. All compositions and arrangements are by Danish composer/trumpeter Palle Mikkelborg, who created the suite in tribute to Miles Davis when Davis received the Léonie Sonning Music Prize in December 1984
Listen free to Miles Davis – Aura (Intro, White and more). Miles' last recording for the Columbia label before heading for the financial allure of Warner Bros. Influenced deeply by serialism and the inspiration of Gil Evans, Mikkelborg composed a theme from ten notes based on the letters of Davis' first and last.
Download for free and listen to Miles Davis - Aura. We have song's lyrics, which you can find out below.
Продавец: Интернет-магазин Ozon. Адрес: Россия, Москва, Пресненская набережная, 10. ОГРН: 1027739244741
Tracklist Hide Credits
Guitar, Soloist – John McLaughlin
Guitar, Soloist – John McLaughlin
Double Bass [Acoustic Bass], Soloist – Niels Henning Oersted Pedersen*Fretless Bass, Soloist – Bo Stief
Double Bass [Acoustic Bass], Soloist – Niels Henning Oersted Pedersen*Piano [Acoustic], Soloist – Thomas Clausen
Guitar, Soloist – John McLaughlin
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – CBS Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – CBS Records Inc.
- Recorded At – Easy Sound Studio
- Mastered At – Rune Persson Digital Recording Service
- Glass Mastered At – DADC Austria
- Manufactured By – CBS, Haarlem
- Distributed By – CBS Records
- Bass Trombone – Axel Windfeld, Ole Kurt Jensen
- Double Bass [Acoustic Bass] – Niels Henning Oersted Pedersen*
- Drums – Lennart Gruvstedt
- Electric Bass [Fender Bass], Fretless Bass – Bo Stief
- Electronic Drums – Vince Wilburn*
- Engineer – Henrik Lund, Niels Erik Lund
- Executive-Producer – George Butler
- Guitar – Bjarne Roupé, John McLaughlin
- Harp – Lillian Thornquist*
- Keyboards – Kenneth Knudsen, Ole Koch-Hansen*, Thomas Clausen
- Liner Notes – Khephra Burns, Palle Mikkelborg
- Mastered By – Rune Persson
- Oboe, Cor Anglais – Niels Eje
- Percussion – Ethan Weisgaard*, Marilyn Mazur
- Piano – Thomas Clausen
- Producer – Palle Mikkelborg
- Producer [Production Help] – Bo Stief, Vince Wilburn*
- Saxophone, Woodwind – Bent Jaedig*, Flemming Madsen, Jesper Thilo, Per Carsten*, Uffe Karskov
- Trombone – Jens Engel, Ture Larsen, Vincent Nilsson
- Trumpet – Miles Davis (tracks: 1 to 8, 10)
- Trumpet [Additional], Flugelhorn [Additional] – Palle Mikkelborg
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Benny Rosenfeld, Idrees Sulieman, Jens Winther, Palle Bolvig, Perry Knudsen
- Vocals – Eva Thaysen*
- Written-By – Palle Mikkelborg
NotesRecorded at Easy Sound Studio, Copenhagen
Mastered at Rune Persson Digital Recording Service, Stockholm
℗ 1989 CBS Records Inc. (on disc)
© 1989 CBS Records Inc. (on tray card)
Distribution CBS Records
Although the album was recorded and finalized in 1985, contractual issues delayed its release until 1989. The album won a Grammy Award in 1990 for Best Jazz Instrumental Performance.
Some copies may have a sticker on jewel case: GRAMMY AWARDS WINNER - BEST JAZZ INTRUMENTAL PERFORMANCE (Solist and Big Band) 01-463351-10
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 5 099746 335120
- Barcode (Scanned, EAN_13): 5099746335120
- Label Code: LC 0149
- Rights Society: BIEM/STEMRA
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): CDCBS 463351 32 MASTERED BY DADC IN AUSTRIA
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): [Glass master] CDCBS 463351 41 [Moulded] A1 [Glass master] MASTERED BY DADC AUSTRIA
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 3): CDCBS-463351 41 [Moulded] E1[Glass master] MASTERED BY DADC AUSTRIA
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 4): CDCBS-463351 41 B2 MASTERED BY DADC AUSTRIA
- Price Code: CB 811
- SPARS Code: DDD
- Other (Manufacturing code, on CD, tray card, and booklet): 01-463351-10
- Other (Packaging format code, circled): CDC
|CK 45332||Miles Davis||Aura (CD, Album)||Columbia||CK 45332||US||1989|
|none||Miles Davis||Aura (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Limited Edition||none||Russia||Unknown|
|463351 2||Miles Davis||Aura (CD, Album, RE)||Columbia, CBS||463351 2||Europe||1991|
|CTX 45332, TX45332||Miles Davis||Aura (Cass, Album)||CBS, CBS||CTX 45332, TX45332||US||1989|
|CK 63962, 0639622000||Miles Davis||Aura (CD, Album, RE, RM, Unofficial)||Columbia , Legacy||CK 63962, 0639622000||Russia||2000|