Matthew Herbert - One Pig FLAC album
Title: One Pig
Style: Rhythmic Noise, Techno, Musique Concrète
FLAC version ZIP size: 1593 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1653 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1199 mb
Other Formats: DXD AA ASF DTS AUD AIFF AC3
Matthew Herbert is joined by guests to explore the ethical front lines of sound. What is it acceptable to record and listen to? With live music and recordings, including some made in Manhattan on 11 September 2001. Transcript of a skype conversation between Matthew Herbert and the war photographer Sebastian Meyer who made the 5 second recording that made up the album ‘The End Of Silence’.
Complete your Matthew Herbert collection. One Pig (CD, Album).
This is music made of the pig, by the pig, for the pigs. As a documentary of gastronomic practices in the Western world, it is critical listening for those of you who eat. Significantly, it’s also really fucking good. Criticisms that One Pig isn’t ‘music’ per se are inevitable. Although the album is at its strongest when myriad incongruous sounds merge together into disturbingly beautiful songs, the weight of the individual samples are what ultimately enable the construction of such a haunting and powerful aural edifice; it is precisely through the artistic combination of dichotomous sounds that a collection of seemingly banal farm yard noises are turned into a unforgettable elegy for.
The experimental British musician and producer Matthew Herbert has been an involved and particular investigator of the possibilities of found sounds for over fifteen years; he's also interested in food, both within and without his profession. Most recently, he has released "One Pig," an album that follows the 25-month life of a pig on a farm. Even before its release, PETA wrote it off as shameless exploitation, but Herbert maintains that his intentions are quite the contrary
Sonic prankster Matthew Herbert makes rigorous, sample-based music that deals with serious issues in a somewhat didactic manner; one jape involved driving a tank over the replication of a dinner Nigella Lawson cooked for Tony Blair and George W Bush. He describes One Pig – an album that documents a pig's 20-week life, from birth to slaughter to plate – as a critical look at the meat industry. But Herbert ends up with something rather more ambiguous. His quintet, wearing white butcher's coats, turn his farmyard recordings into sophisticated electronica. The percussionist's drum,.
Can I just say that Matthew Herbert is one badass dude. Whether or not you like his music there’s no denying guy is exceptionally creative (avant-garde?). One Pig, as the last one is dubbed, is just what it sounds like-an album made entirely from recordings of a modern pig's life cycle-the birth, the life, the butchery and consumption.
Through the production of his concept album ‘One Pig’ Matthew Herbert tries to gage a deeper insight into the process that turns piglets into pork. Matthew feels as a meat eater he has a responsibility to understand where his food comes from. One Pig’ has been produced solely using recordings from a modern pigs life, from birth to slaughter and ending with consumption. The album is the final part of the ‘One Trilogy’, three individual albums each about one thing
One Pig (Micachu Remix) - EP, 2011. One Pig (Micachu Remix) - EP, 2011.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Accidental Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Accidental Records Ltd.
- Made By – www.keyproduction.co.uk
- Pressed By – Sony DADC UK Ltd.
- Published By – Soundslike Music
- Published By – Bucks Music Group UK
- Published By – Beggars Music
- Published By – Copyright Control
- Produced At – Human Jerky
- Mixed At – Human Jerky
- Artwork [Art] – Lenka Clayton
- Drum [Pig Drum] – Tom Skinner
- Executive-Producer – Joe Bentley
- Guitar [Pig Sty Guitar] – Dave Okumu
- Keyboards [Additional Sample Keyboard Performances] – Sam Beste
- Liner Notes – Matthew Herbert, Dr Polly Russell*
- Performer – Matthew Herbert
- Photography By – Annie Pickhaver, Chris Friel , Lucy Pope, Patricia Niven, Richard Vine
- Producer, Mixed By – Matthew Herbert
- Recorded By [Additional Field Recordings] – Chris Pickhaver
- Recorded By [Additional Phone Recordings] – Richard Vine
- Recorded By [Recordings Of The Whole Night Of Eating Made By] – Demus
- Technician [Technical Assistant] – Hugh Jones
- Written-By – Matthew Herbert, Mica Levi (tracks: 5), Sam Beste (tracks: 8)
NotesThis is the 3rd part of Matthew Herbert's One trilogy.
Comes in a gatefold card slipcase with 26-page booklet and folded A4 invoice for 1 pig.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 051083 059534
- Matrix / Runout: Sony DADC www.keyproduction.co.uk IFPI LY34 AC48CD 01
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LY34
- Mould SID Code: IFPI AEW36
|AC48CDPR 02||Matthew Herbert||One Pig (CD, Album, Promo)||Accidental||AC48CDPR 02||UK||2011|
|AC48CDJ||Matthew Herbert||One Pig (CD, Album)||Accidental||AC48CDJ||Japan||2011|