Renee Rosnes - Life On Earth FLAC album
Genre: Jazz / Folk and World music
Title: Life On Earth
FLAC version ZIP size: 1368 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1388 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1585 mb
Other Formats: MP3 AAC XM AHX DTS MMF MP1
Album · 2002 · 9 Songs. George Garzone, Renee Rosnes & Dave Weckl). With a Little Help From My Friends.
Written-By – Renee Rosnes (tracks: 1, 2, 4 to 9). Notes. Recorded May 3, 15 & 16, 2001.
Personnel: Renee Rosnes (piano), Walt Weiskopf (soprano & tenor sax), Chris Potter (tenor sax & bass clarinet), Shelly Brown (flutes), Conrad Herwig (trombone), Douglas Purviance (bass trombone), Steve Turre (trombone & shells), David Gilmore (guitar), Steve Nelson (marimba), Christian McBride & John Patitucci (bass), Billy Drummond & Jeff. Tain" Watts (drums), Duduka Da Fonseca (drums, cameroon shells, ganza, Mica's bells, surdo, tamborim, agogo bell, cuica, repenique, triangle, cowbell), Zakir Hussain (tabla), Mor Thiam (djembe & vocals), Laura Seaton.
Renee Rosnes - 2002 - Life On Earth/ - . 0. Renee Rosnes - 2002 - Life On Earth/audiochecker. Renee Rosnes - 2002 - Life On Earth/Life on Earth. Renee Rosnes - 2002 - Life On Earth/Renee Rosnes - Life On Earth.
Listen free to Renee Rosnes – Life On Earth (Empress Afternoon, Senegal Son and more). Renee Rosnes - piano (all tracks) Walt Weiskopf - tenor sax, soprano sax (Icelight & Gabriola Passage) Chris Potter - tenor sax (Hanuman & The Call of Triton) Shelley Brown - flute & alto flute (The Call of Triton) Steve Nelson - marimba (Senegal Son) Laura Seaton - violin (Empress Afternoon) Zakir Hussain - table (Empress Afternoon) Steve Turre - trombone (Hanuman, The Call of Triton) Conrad Herwig - trombone (Hanuman) Douglas Purviance - bass trombone.
Pianist Renee Rosnes ends a two-year recording lull with Life on Earth, a set of mostly original tunes with a world music flavor. There's quite a bit – maybe too much – going on here, as Rosnes introduces new sonic elements and personnel to differentiate each track. Thus, "Empress Afternoon" boasts the formidable tabla of Zakir Hussain; "Senegal Son" the percussion and vocals of Mor Thiam; "The Quiet Earth" a string section; "Hanuman" a sampled Balinese monkey chant and three trombones; and so on. The result is at times novel and beautiful.
The names Renee Rosnes and David Hajdu are already well known to music lovers: Rosnes as one of her generation’s most acclaimed jazz composers and pianists, Hajdu as an award-winning author and critic.
Renee Rosnes - Life On Earth (2002) Senegal Son. (play). Renee Rosnes - Life On Earth (2002) 06 The Quiet Earth. Renee Rosnes - Life On Earth (2002) 08 Nana. Renee Rosnes - Life On Earth (2002) 09 The Call Of Triton.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|3||Ballad Of The Sad Young Men
Written-By – Fran Landesman, Thomas Wolfe*
|6||The Quiet Earth||5:08|
|9||The Call Of Triton||6:34|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – EMI Music Canada
- Copyright (c) – EMI Music Canada
- Manufactured By – Capitol Records, Inc.
- Published By – Native Colors Music
- Published By – Wolfland Music
- Recorded At – Avatar Studios
- Recorded At – Systems Two
- Acoustic Guitar – David Gilmore (tracks: 1)
- Bass – Christian McBride (tracks: 1), John Patitucci (tracks: 2 to 9)
- Bass Clarinet – Chris Potter (tracks: 9)
- Bass Trombone – Douglas Purviance* (tracks: 7)
- Cello – Erik Friedlander (tracks: 6), Sachi Patitucci (tracks: 6)
- Conch [Shells] – Steve Turre (tracks: 9)
- Coordinator – Martha Baratz
- Djembe, Vocals – Mor Thiam (tracks: 2)
- Drums – Billy Drummond (tracks: 3, 4, 6, 8), Jeff "Tain" Watts (tracks: 2, 7, 9)
- Drums, Percussion, Ganzá, Triangle, Surdo, Tamborim, Agogô, Cuica – Duduka Da Fonseca (tracks: 5, 7, 9)
- Engineer – James Farber (tracks: 2 to 9), Joe Ferla (tracks: 1)
- Flute – Shelley Brown (tracks: 9)
- Flute [Alto] – Shelley Brown (tracks: 2)
- Liner Notes – James Browne
- Marimba – Steve Nelson (tracks: 2)
- Mastered By – Greg Calbi
- Mixed By – James Farber
- Photography By – Ivan Otis, Jimmy Katz
- Piano – Renee Rosnes
- Product Manager – Mattis Evar
- Soprano Saxophone – Walt Weiskopf (tracks: 5)
- Tabla – Zakir Hussain (tracks: 1)
- Tenor Saxophone – Chris Potter (tracks: 7), Walt Weiskopf (tracks: 4)
- Trombone – Conrad Herwig (tracks: 7), Steve Turre (tracks: 7)
- Viola – Ralph Farris (tracks: 6)
- Violin – Laura Oatts (tracks: 6), Laura Seaton (tracks: 1, 6)
- Vocals – Kevin Tarrant (tracks: 4)
- Written-By – Renee Rosnes (tracks: 1, 2, 4 to 9)
NotesRecorded May 3, 15 & 16, 2001.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 2435-33997-2 6
- Rights Society (Tracks 1, 2 & 4 to 9): BMI
- Rights Society (Track 3): ASCAP
|72435 33997-2-6||Renee Rosnes||Life On Earth (CD, Album)||Blue Note||72435 33997-2-6||Canada||2001|
|72435 33997-2-6||Renee Rosnes||Life On Earth (CD, Album)||Blue Note||72435 33997-2-6||Europe||2001|
|none||Renee Rosnes||Life On Earth (CDr, Album, Promo)||Blue Note||none||US||2001|