Josh Ritter - The Animal Years FLAC album
Genre: Rock / Pop music / Folk and World music
Title: The Animal Years
FLAC version ZIP size: 1250 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1379 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1543 mb
Other Formats: MIDI DXD MP4 AHX ADX AIFF AU
The Animal Years is the fourth studio album by American singer-songwriter Josh Ritter. It was Ritter's first album released on V2 Records. In 2010, Ritter's band was given the name "The Royal City Band" (a reference to the song Thin Blue Flame from The Animal Years).
Comes with a bonus CD of the entire album done acoustically plus 4 b-sides. Other Versions (5 of 13) View All. Cat.
Album · 2006 · 11 Songs. The Animal Years Josh Ritter. Listen on Apple Music.
About The Animal Years. Josh Ritter’s fourth album, recorded in 2005 with Brian Deck and released in 2006 by V2. The Animal Years Q&A. Producers Brian Deck. More Josh Ritter albums. Show all albums by Josh Ritter.
only resorts to degraded images as part of its information feed.
Essentially built around two startlingly affecting diatribes on the war in Iraq, Ritter utilizes the voices of Peter and Paul, as well as Laurel & Hardy, to eke some kind of explanation from both the Administration and the Creator. The first, the deceptively sweet-sounding "Girl in the War," threatens "The angels fly around in there, but we can't see them/I got a girl in the war, Paul I know that they can hear me yell/If they can't find a way to help her they can go to Hell
Download The Animal Years by Josh Ritter on the independent record store by musicians for musicians. Close your eyes while listening to parts of Josh Ritter's new CD, The Animal Years, and you could swear you're hearing a young Bob Dylan, or perhaps Bruce Springsteen. e nuggets of transcendental goodness carved from the marrow of life’s joys and tribulations. Ritter’s most fully realized album ye. Paste Magazine. As far as I’m concerned, Josh Ritter is three for three. This singer and songwriter from Moscow, Idaho has released his 3rd CD, its called The Animal Years and its another winner.
Josh Ritter's deluxe double-album re-issue of The Animal Years, the best-selling title in Josh's catalog! Like Golden Age Of Radio and Hello Starling, The Animal Years has been drastically improved. The updated version now includes a BONUS cd, featuring Josh performing the ENTIRE ALBUM solo acoustic, plus four LIVE b-sides, and two videos. The acoustic album was recorded for this re-issue in 2008, and these recordings have not been previously released. Fans of Josh treasure the acoustic versions of his songs because they often provide a vastly different perspective on the music.
The Animal Years is the fourth studio album by American singer-songwriter Josh Ritter.
Guitar, Vocals, Songwriter – Josh Ritter. Management – Darius Zelkha. Management – Kathleen Denney. Mastered By – Greg Calbi. Percussion, Producer, Recorded By, Mixed By – Brian Deck. Photography By – Derrick Santini. The first, the deceptively sweet-sounding "Girl in the War," threatens "The angels fly around in there, but we can't see them/I got a girl in the war, Paul I know that they can hear me yell/If they can't find a way to help her they can go to Hell
This album, titled The Animal Years was released in 2006, produced by Brian Deck, and was held by V2 records. Josh Ritter has released three albums prior to this, and has one after. As you touch the surface of the cd, you reach Girl in the War which opens with clean guitar soon followed by Josh Ritter’s’ clean and improved vocals, and as you engulf into the words you.
|Original Studio Album|
|1-1||Girl In The War|
|1-6||In The Dark|
|1-7||One More Mouth|
|1-9||Best For The Best|
|1-10||Thin Blue Flame|
|1-11||Here At The Right Time|
|Bonus Acoustic Album & Extras|
|Josh Playing The Entire Album Solo Acoustic, Recorded In Nashville, June 2008|
|2-1||Girl In The War|
|2-6||In The Dark|
|2-7||One More Mouth|
|2-9||Best For The Best|
|2-10||Thin Blue Flame|
|2-11||Here At The Right Time|
|2-12||Blame It On The Tetons|
|2-14||Peter Killed The Dragon|
|2-15||Monster Ballads (Early Version)|
- Recorded At – Bear Creek Studios
- Recorded At – Engine Studios
- Recorded At – Catherine North Studios
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Recorded At – GenX Studios
- Mastered At – Peerless Mastering
- Bass, Guitar, Mandolin, Ukulele [Tenor], Lap Steel Guitar – Zack Hickman
- Design, Art Direction – Graphic Therapy
- Drums, Percussion – Dave Hingerty
- Engineer [Assistant At Bear Creek] – Brandon Eggleston (tracks: 1-1 to 1-11)
- Engineer [Assistant At Engine] – Colin Studybaker (tracks: 1-1 to 1-11)
- Guitar – Tim Bradshaw
- Guitar, Vocals – Josh Ritter
- Layout [Additional], Design [Additional] – Matthew Fleming
- Liner Notes – Tom Ricks
- Management – Darius Zelkha
- Mastered By – Greg Calbi (tracks: 1-1 to 1-11), Jeff Lipton (tracks: 2-1 to 2-11), Maria Rice (tracks: 2-1 to 2-11)
- Painting – Jason Holley
- Percussion – Brian Deck (tracks: 1-1 to 1-11)
- Photography By – Derrick Santini
- Photography By [Additional Photos] – Dave Hingerty, Derrick Santini, Jon Strymish
- Piano, Organ, Synthesizer, Effects – Sam Kassirer
- Producer, Recorded By, Mixed By – Brian Deck (tracks: 1-1 to 1-11)
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Tim Craven (tracks: 2-1 to 2-11)
- Songwriter – Dann Gallucci (tracks: 2-12), Eric Judy (tracks: 2-12), Isaac Brock (tracks: 2-12), Josh Ritter (tracks: 1-1 to 2-11, 2-13 to 2-15), Tom Peloso (tracks: 2-12)
NotesComes in digi-book. CD2 includes a video for "Lillian, Egypt." Video by Your Mom Films.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 804879184126
|INDCD52||Josh Ritter||The Animal Years (CD, Album, Dig)||Independent Records||INDCD52||Ireland||2006|
|VVR1036988, 4800594383802||Josh Ritter||The Animal Years (CD, Album)||V2, Universal Records||VVR1036988, 4800594383802||Philippines||2006|
|INDCD52||Josh Ritter||The Animal Years (CD, Album, Jew)||Independent Records||INDCD52||Ireland||2006|
|VVR1036988||Josh Ritter||The Animal Years (CD, Album)||V2||VVR1036988||UK & Europe||2006|
|V2ADV-27296-2||Josh Ritter||The Animal Years (CD, Album, Promo, Car)||V2||V2ADV-27296-2||US||2006|