Basia - The Sweetest Illusion FLAC album
Genre: Electronic / Jazz
Title: The Sweetest Illusion
Style: Smooth Jazz, Downtempo, Jazzdance, Synth-pop
FLAC version ZIP size: 1180 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1833 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1418 mb
Other Formats: VQF ASF AHX VOX DMF DXD MPC
Her tender yet powerful feelings take listeners' hearts to places with fascinating, sometimes surreal imagery. Basia and partner/producer Danny White's real gift is rhythmic diversity, and the tandem take the artsy route on a big, brassy tour through Brazil and Latin America, employing jazzy touches that keep even the most staid tune hopping. The ballads are sweet as well. Nobody in this crowded genre outclassed or outperformed Basia, but as welcome as this comeback after four years was, the singer never followed up with another full-length studio project.
The Sweetest Illusion is the third solo studio album by Polish-born singer-songwriter Basia, released in May 1994 by Epic Records. The record spawned the hit "Drunk on Love". The album took two and a half years to make. It was primarily recorded at Whitfield Street Recording Studios in London, apart from piano parts, which were recorded at London's Westside Studios. The material was mastered at Sony Music Studios in New York.
Basia – The Sweetest Illusion. Selo: Epic – 476514 4. Formato: Cassette, Album. País: UK & Europe. Music By – Basia Trzetrzelewska, Danny White, Kevin Robinson (4) (tracks: 5). Other – Helen Whiting. Painting – Halina Tymusz.
Download original 320Kbps, 1. 6 Mb, 04:58. Money online! Converting/Cutting.
Album · 1992 · 11 Songs. See All. London Warsaw New York. I Was a Daughter - Single. Clear Horizon - The Best of Basia.
The Sweetest Illusion, 1992. The Sweetest Illusion, 1992. She Deserves It, Rachel'S Wedding, 04:52. More Fire Than Flame, 04:13. Simple Pleasures, 04:53. My Cruel Ways, 04:53. The Prayer of a Happy Housewife, 04:56.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Drunk On Love||4:46|
|2||Third Time Lucky
Saxophone – Patrick ClaharWhistling – Danny White
Acoustic Guitar – Peter WhiteElectric Guitar – Andy Ross
|4||She Deserves It / Rachel's Wedding
Accordion – Peter WhiteCello – Tony Pleeth*Double Bass – Julian CramptonMandolin, Bandura [Bandurria] – Andy RossShaker – Bosco De Oliveira*Violin – Gavyn WrightWind Chimes [Windchimes] – Karl Vanden Bossche*
|5||An Olive Tree
Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone – Patrick ClaharBacking Vocals [Crowd Vocals] – Basia, Danny*, Kevin*, Mark AnthoniBaritone Saxophone – Chris Margary*
|6||The Sweetest Illusion
Saxophone – Patrick ClaharTriangle – Andy Gangadeen
Accordion – Peter WhiteShaker – Andy Gangadeen
|8||More Fire Than Flame
Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone – Patrick ClaharBacking Vocals [Boys Vocals] – Danny*, Kevin*Baritone Saxophone – Ronnie Chamberlain
French Horn – Kevin Robinson
|10||My Cruel Ways
Mandolin – Andy RossSaxophone – Steve Gregory
|11||The Prayer Of A Happy Housewife
Flute, Alto Flute – Chris Margary*
- Arranged By [Strings] – Nick Ingman (tracks: 3, 10)
- Backing Vocals – Basia (tracks: 3, 11), Mark Anthoni (tracks: 3, 11)
- Bass – Andres Lafone (tracks: 2, 5, 7), Julian Crampton (tracks: 1, 3, 6, 9, 11), Randy Hope-Taylor (tracks: 8, 10)
- Design, Artwork – Bill Smith Studio, London*
- Drums – Andy Gangadeen
- Flugelhorn – Kevin Robinson (tracks: 2, 5, 9 to 11)
- Guitar – Andy Ross (tracks: 6, 10, 11), Peter White (tracks: 1, 2, 4 to 11)
- Keyboards – Danny White
- Leader [Strings] – Gavyn Wright (tracks: 3, 6, 10)
- Management – Dee Anthony
- Mastered By – Vlado Meller
- Mixed By – Dave Bascombe*
- Music By – Basia Trzetrzelewska, Danny White, Kevin Robinson (tracks: 5)
- Other [Make-up] – Helen Whiting
- Painting – Halina Tymusz
- Percussion – Bosco De Oliveira* (tracks: 2, 7), Karl Vanden Bossche* (tracks: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7 to 11)
- Photography By – Paul Cox
- Producer, Arranged By – Basia Trzetrzelewska, Danny White
- Recorded By – Mark Chamberlain
- Recorded By [Assistant] – Jason Scott Westbrook*
- Recorded By [Pianos - Assistant] – Lee Phillips*
- Recorded By [Pianos] – Paul Mortimer
- Trombone – Fayyaz Virji (tracks: 2, 5, 8 to 10)
- Trumpet – Kevin Robinson (tracks: 1, 2, 5, 6, 8)
- Vocals – Basia Trzetrzelewska, Trey Lorenz (tracks: 4)
- Words By – Basia Trzetrzelewska (tracks: 2 to 5, 7, 9 to 11), Peter Ross (tracks: 1, 6, 8)
Notes(C) 1994 Sony Music Entertainment (UK) Ltd. / (P) 1994 Sony Music Entertainment (UK) Ltd. / Manufactured by Epic, a division of Sony Music.
Recorded at Whitfield Street Recording Sudios, London.
Pianos recorded at Westside Studios, London.
Mastered at Sony Music studios, New York.
Durations do not appear on release.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned): 074646425527
- Barcode (Text): 0 7464-64255-2 7
- Matrix / Runout: 1A EK64255 03 C3
|EK 64255||Basia||The Sweetest Illusion (CD, Album)||Epic||EK 64255||Canada||1994|
|476514 4||Basia||The Sweetest Illusion (Cass, Album)||Epic||476514 4||UK & Europe||1994|
|476514 2||Basia||The Sweetest Illusion (CD, Album)||Epic||476514 2||Europe||1994|
|4.32.476514||Basia||The Sweetest Illusion (Cass, Album, Dol)||Epic||4.32.476514||Venezuela||1994|
|MHCP-650||Basia||The Sweetest Illusion (CD, Album, RE)||Epic||MHCP-650||Japan||2005|