The Grateful Dead - Anthem Of The Sun FLAC album
Title: Anthem Of The Sun
Style: Psychedelic Rock
FLAC version ZIP size: 1848 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1542 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1133 mb
Other Formats: MMF FLAC ASF MP1 AU WAV MP2
Anthem of the Sun is the second album by rock band the Grateful Dead. Released in 1968, it is the first album to feature second drummer Mickey Hart, who joined the band in September 1967. Currently ranked number 288 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time. The mix of the album combines multiple studio and live recordings of each song.
English Deutsch Español Français Italiano 日本語 Português (Brasil) Русский.
Live: (Producer Dave Hassinger) 11/10-11/67 Shrine Exposition, . Producer: Grateful Dead, Executive Engineer: Dan Healy, Asst. Engineer: Bob Mathews).
Band Name Grateful Dead. Album Name Anthem of the Sun. Type Album. Erscheinungsdatum 18 Juli 1968. 1. That's It for the Other On. .Cryptical Envelopment. Quadlibet for Tender Feet. The Faster We Go, The Rounder We Ge.2. New Potato Caboose.
Anthem of the Sun, brought in many new things for The Grateful Dead. They had added their second drummer and sixth member, Mickey Hart. For those who do not know, Mickey Hart was born on the east coast. He was the son of two drummers. His father Lenny Hart, was a successful tournament drummer, who was known as a pro on the snare. Lenny Hart would later financial help the band, and then rob them. Robert Hunter, long time friend of Jerry Garcia, and amazing writer, wrote his first song for The Grateful Dead on this album. Alligator" would be the tune. And finally, on top of that all, they presented a new way of recording, They would mix recorded tracks with live performances. They would be recorded and then supposably mixed with the live track. Well, though I would not say Anthem of the Sun lives up to all it's hype, it was a big deal for The Grateful Dead. And it is certainly revolutionary.
This second album from the Dead is the most experimental album the band ever released. portion is still a high point for me all these years later. Anthem Of The Sun was finally released on July 13, 1968 and while it put the band in massive debt to the label at the time to around 2 million dollars, it's also a masterpiece. The band wasn't entirely happy with the way the finished product turned out and in 1971, Phil tried his hand at a remix while Jerry led a remix of the band's third album Aoxomoxoa.
This second Grateful Dead album came more than a year after the first. Rolling Stone eventually would place Anthem in the middle of its list of the greatest 500 rock albums. Back when people read album covers, Anthem offered a bit of a maze. Double CD with Winterland concert on disc 2. /update. A remixed (HDCD) version of Anthem of the Sun was issued in 2001 as part of Warner/Rhino’s The Golden Road box se. Jerry Garcia said the album’s infamous sonic murk was a result of the band knowing little about mixing music for transfer to vinyl.
Anthem of the Sun. About. Artist: The Grateful Dead. Released: 1968, 18 July. Mickey Hart - Piano, Chimes, Cymbals, Drums, Gong, Bells, Producer, Finger Cymbals, Orchestra Bells, Crotale, Prepared Piano Jerry Garcia - Guitar (Acoustic), Guitar, Kazoo, Vocals, Producer, Vibraslap The Grateful Dead - Arranger, Producer Bob Weir - Guitar (Acoustic), Guitar, Guitar (Rhythm), Kazoo, Guitar (12 String), Producer Tom Constanten - Piano, Producer, Electronic Tape, Prepared Piano Joe Gastwirt - Pre-Mastering David.
|That's It For The Other One|
|A1.II||Quadlibet For Tender Feet|
|A1.III||The Faster We Go, The Rounder We Get|
|A1.IV||We Leave The Castle|
|A2||New Potato Caboose|
|B2||Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks)|
- Record Company – Warner Bros. - Seven Arts Records, Inc.
- Manufactured By – Vogue P.I.P. S.A.
- Copyright (c) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Printed By – J.Colombet, Paris XV
- Published By – Ice Nine Publishing
- Art Direction – Ed Thrasher
- Artwork [Cover] – Bill Walker
- Bass, Trumpet, Harpsichord, Guiro, Kazoo, Piano, Timpani – Phil Lesh
- Drums, Bells [Orchestra], Gong, Chimes, Crotales, Piano [Prepared], Finger Cymbals – Bill Kreutzmann, Mickey Hart
- Lead Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Kazoo, Vibraslap – Jerry Garcia
- Organ, Claves [Celesta] – Ron McKernan*
- Photography By [Liner Photo] – Thomas Weir
- Piano, Piano [Prepared], Tape [Electronic] – Tom Constaten*
- Rhythm Guitar, Twelve-String Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Kazoo – Bob Weir
- Written-By, Arranged By, Producer – The Grateful Dead
NotesOriginal rec. by Warner Bros.
Original first French pressing.
© 1968 Warner Bros. Records Inc., A subsidiary and licensee of Warner Bros. Seven Arts, Inc.
MFG in France by Vogue P.I.P sa licensee
Ice-Nine Pub. BMI
On labels: Stéréo = Mono
On front and back cover: A Vogue A Scope Process Stereo Universelle
A1.IV (We Leave The Castle) is missing from back liner track song titles.
There are no track timings and no recording dates and locations.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, label): US. N° WS. 1749 (C. 39369)
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, label): US. N° WS. 1749 (C. 39370)
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, runout etched): C 39369 1
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, runout etched): C 39370 1
- Rights Society: BMI
- Other (Droits Réservés, on labels): DR
- Price Code (Squared, at top right of back cover): S
- Other (Next to Category, at top right of back cover): (WS. 1749)
- Other (Also at top right of back cover, a bit below): USN-WS.1749
|WS 1749||The Grateful Dead||Anthem Of The Sun (LP, Album)||Warner Bros. - Seven Arts Records||WS 1749||US||1968|
|R2-564265||Grateful Dead*||Anthem Of The Sun (2xHDCD, Album, Dlx, RE)||Rhino Records , Warner Bros. Records||R2-564265||US||2018|
|7599-27173-2||The Grateful Dead||Anthem Of The Sun (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Warner Bros. Records||7599-27173-2||Europe||Unknown|
|7599-27173-2||The Grateful Dead||Anthem Of The Sun (CD, Album, RM, RP)||Warner Bros. Records||7599-27173-2||Europe||Unknown|
|K 46021||The Grateful Dead||Anthem Of The Sun (LP, Album, RE)||Warner Bros. Records||K 46021||UK||Unknown|