Billy Joel - Turnstiles FLAC album
Style: Folk Rock, Pop Rock
FLAC version ZIP size: 1462 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1963 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1304 mb
Other Formats: MP1 VOC ADX AAC DMF MP3 AA
Turnstiles is the fourth studio album by American singer-songwriter Billy Joel, released on May 19, 1976. Joel recorded Turnstiles in part as a celebration of his return to his native New York City. Three of the album's tracks reference New York: "Summer, Highland Falls", "New York State of Mind" and "Miami 2017 (Seen the Lights Go Out on Broadway)".
Turnstiles" was a transitional album for Billy and it's stood the test of time since 1976. I grew up hearing Billy Joel on the radio and had some of his 80s albums. I had never heard this whole album until I picked it up recently, and there are a couple of things that pleasantly surprised me. First, the remastering is fantastic. You can hear every nuance of the drumming, the bass is clear and strong, and you can hear all the percussive action in the piano. Second, this is a really earnest, wise, heartfelt album that isn't the slightest bit sappy. Some of Billy Joel's stuff is formulaic to my ears, and I'm not a big fan of The Stranger in particular
Shortly after Streetlife Serenade, Joel ditched California - and, by implication, sensitive Californian soft rock from sensitive singer/songwriters - for his hometown of New York
Turnstiles (LP, Album, Promo). Turnstiles (8-Trk, Album). Turnstiles (LP, Album, RE, 180). Turnstiles (LP, Album).
Joel’s fourth album is a homecoming album of sorts: it marks his return to his beloved New York after 3 tedious years in Los Angeles. He returns to a New York City near ruins. Crime is on the rise, the city almost crumbling amidst headlines like ‘'FORD TO CITY: DROP DEAD’‘. Thus, the LP is somewhat of a concept album, one half New York, the other Los Angeles
By: Billy Joel (1976, Rock). More albums from Billy Joel: Концерт by Billy Joel. Storm Front by Billy Joel. Greatest Hits Volume I & Volume II by Billy Joel. The Bridge by Billy Joel. 52nd Street by Billy Joel. Cold Spring Harbor by Billy Joel. An Innocent Man by Billy Joel. Glass Houses by Billy Joel. View all albums . Turnstiles. By: Billy Joel (1976, Rock). 1. Say Goodbye To Hollywood.
Is Turnstiles the best album by Billy Joel? BestEverAlbums. com brings together thousands of 'greatest ever album' charts and calculates an overall ranking. Listen to Turnstiles on YouTube. Billy Joel - Billy Joel on TURNSTILES - from THE COMPLETE ALBUMS COLLECTION. Billy Joel Turnstiles Album Alternate Quadraphonic Mix Release. Billy Joel - Prelude, Angry Young Man (Audio). Turnstiles track list.
|A1||Say Goodbye To Hollywood||4:36|
|A2||Summer, Highland Falls||3:17|
|A3||All You Wanna Do Is Dance||3:39|
|A4||New York State Of Mind||6:00|
|B2||Prelude / Angry Young Man||5:13|
|B3||I've Loved These Days||4:33|
|B4||Miami 2017 (Seen The Lights Go Out On Broadway)||5:28|
- Manufactured By – Columbia Records
- Manufactured By – CBS Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – CBS Inc.
- Copyright (c) – CBS Inc.
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Pitman
- Published By – Home Grown Music, Inc.
- Published By – Tin Pan Tunes
- Recorded At – Ultra-Sonic Recording Studios
- Recorded At – Columbia Recording Studios
- Overdubbed At – Caribou Ranch
- Mixed At – Caribou Ranch
- Acoustic Guitar – James Smith
- Arranged By [Orchestra] – Ken Ascher
- Bass Guitar – Doug Stegmeyer
- Coordinator [Project] – Jo Buckley
- Design [Cover] – John Berg
- Drums – Liberty DeVitto
- Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar – Howie Emerson*, Russell Javors
- Engineer – Don Puluse
- Engineer [Tape] – Lou Waxman
- Keyboards, Vocals – Billy Joel
- Mixed By – Bruce Botnick
- Music Consultant [Basic Track Consultant] – Brian Ruggles
- Percussion – Mingo Lewis
- Photography By [Cover] – Jerry Abramowitz
- Producer – Billy Joel
- Saxophone – Richard Cannata*
- Supervised By [Production], Engineer – John Bradley
- Words By, Music By – Billy Joel
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side A, Etched): [Stamping] PAL 33848 1C
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side A, Stamped): TML-M P [Etching]
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side B, Etched): [Stamping] T1 PBL 33848 1F
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side B, Stamped): B ◦ TML-S [Etching]
|PC 33848||Billy Joel||Turnstiles (LP, Album, Ter)||Columbia, Family Productions||PC 33848||US||1976|
|PC 33848||Billy Joel||Turnstiles (LP, Album, Promo)||Columbia||PC 33848||US||1976|
|PCA 33848||Billy Joel||Turnstiles (8-Trk, Album)||Columbia||PCA 33848||1976|
|MOVLP782||Billy Joel||Turnstiles (LP, Album, RE, 180)||Music On Vinyl||MOVLP782||Netherlands||2013|
|CBS 81195||Billy Joel||Turnstiles (LP, Album)||CBS||CBS 81195||Israel||1976|