The Brides Of Funkenstein - Funk Or Walk FLAC album
Genre: Soul and Funk music
Title: Funk Or Walk
Style: P.Funk, Disco, Funk
FLAC version ZIP size: 1235 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1300 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1691 mb
Other Formats: XM VOC MMF MP1 TTA APE AU
The Brides of Funkenstein on this record are Lynn Mabry & Dawn Silva. Other Versions (5 of 14) View All. Cat.
Funk or Walk is the debut album by the Brides of Funkenstein, released on Atlantic Records in September 1978. The album was produced by George Clinton with the exception of the album's first single "Disco To Go" which was written and produced by Clinton and Bootsy Collins. The Brides of Funkenstein consisted of Lynn Mabry and Dawn Silva, who were members of Sly and the Family Stone prior to joining P-Funk.
The Brides of Funkenstein are an American funk musical group originally composed of singers Dawn Silva and Lynn Mabry. Previously background singers for Sly Stone, Mabry and Silva joined the P-Funk collective in the mid-1970s. George Clinton named the group (based on a storyline and characters from the Parliament album The Clones of Dr. Funkenstein). The Brides provided the vocals for the 1977 album Game, Dames and Guitar Thangs by P-Funk guitarist Eddie Hazel.
Album · 1977 · 7 Songs. Marketed by Rhino Entertainment, a Warner Music Group Company. More By The Brides of Funkenstein.
Originally released on LP through Warner in 1978. Brides of Funkenstein were one of two female groups to work with George Clinton's outfits, Parliament and Funkadelic. Clinton co-wrote most of the material on this their debut album.
The latter recorded two albums in the late '70s, the first of which is the good to excellent Funk or Walk. In addition to producing or co-producing everything on the LP, Clinton co-wrote most of the material. So not surprisingly, Funk or Walk tends to be very Clinton-flavored. But the record is surprisingly diverse, and Clinton keeps things unpredictable
All information of this Soul or Funk Album Like fragments, covers, tracks. You are here: Home The Brides Of Funkenstein Albums Funk or Walk. The Brides Of Funkenstein▶. Album Info (This Release). Release date label labelcode medium genre submit corrections.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Disco To Go
Producer – William Collins*Written-By – G. Clinton*, W. Collins*
|A2||War Ship Touchante
Written-By – A. Ivy*, B. Worrell*, G. Clinton*
Written-By – B. Worrell*, G. Shider*, G. Clinton*, J. Vitti*
Written-By – G. Shider*, G. Clinton*, R. Curtis*, R. Dunbar*
|B1||Just Like You
Written-By – G. Shider*, G. Clinton*
|B2||When You're Gone
Arranged By [Strings] – Bernard Worrell*Written-By – G. Cooper*, R. Dunbar*
Arranged By [Strings] – David Van DePitteWritten-By – G. Shider*, R. Curtis*, R. Dunbar*
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Atlantic
- Manufactured By – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Recorded At – United Sound Systems
- Mastered At – Allen Zentz mastering
- Pressed By – PRC Recording Company, Richmond, IN
- Arranged By [Horns] – Bernard Worrell*, Fred Wesley
- Backing Vocals – Brides*, Larry Demps, Ron Banks
- Bass – Rodney "Skeet" Curtis*, William Collins*
- Drums – Frankie "Kash" Waddy*, Gary Cooper*, Tyrone Lampkin, William Collins*
- Engineer – Jerry Estes, Jim Vitti, Mike Iacopelli
- Guitar – Phelps Collins*, Gary Shider*, Michael Hampton
- Horns – Danny Turner, George Minger*, Wayman Reed*
- Keyboards – Bernard Worrell*, Joel Johnson
- Lead Vocals – Dawn Silva, Lynn Mabry
- Mastered By – AZ*
- Percussion – Larry Fratangelo
- Producer – George Clinton
NotesNote: Some covers are gold stamped as promotional, or have a timing strip glued on front.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Label, A-side): STA-A-784103- RI
- Matrix / Runout (Label, B-side): STA-A-784104- RI
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, A-side, etched): STA-784103-C AZ (PR)
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, B-side, etched): STA-784104-D AZ (PR) P
|SD 19201||The Brides Of Funkenstein*||Funk Or Walk (LP, Album)||Atlantic||SD 19201||US||1978|
|SD 19201||The Brides Of Funkenstein*||Funk Or Walk (LP, Album, Mon)||Atlantic||SD 19201||US||1978|
|GM-200.2500, Lps. 200.2500||The Brides Of Funkenstein*||Funk Or Walk (LP, Album)||Atlantic, Atlantic||GM-200.2500, Lps. 200.2500||Venezuela||1978|
|TP 19201||The Brides Of Funkenstein*||Funk Or Walk (8-Trk, Album)||Atlantic||TP 19201||US||1978|
|KSD 19201||The Brides Of Funkenstein*||Funk Or Walk (LP, Album)||Atlantic||KSD 19201||Canada||1978|