Tony Allen - The Source FLAC album
Title: The Source
Style: Afrobeat, Post Bop
FLAC version ZIP size: 1353 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1569 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1528 mb
Other Formats: MIDI MP4 TTA ASF MP1 VQF AA
The Source is an album by drummer Tony Allen recorded in 2017 and released on the Blue Note label.
The Source (CDr, Album, Promo). Blue Note, Universal Music France. definitely a must have! Reply Notify me 5 Helpful. Best Allen so far, Without vocal guests makes it SOLID. Reply Notify me 2 Helpful.
Best known as the drummer for Afrobeat legend Fela Kuti, Tony Allen is an icon in his own right, an innovator, and a vital architect of Kuti's percussively funky, jazz- and R&B-soaked sound. On his full-length Blue Note debut, 2017's The Source, Allen expands upon those contributions with new compositions inspired by the jazz that shaped his early years. 77 years old at the time of this recording, Allen grew up in Lagos, Nigeria, where he soaked up Juju and other traditional West African music styles.
On this hybrid album of jazz and Afrobeat, long-time Fela Kuti drummer Tony Allen makes the complex sound effortless. Rarely has percussive innovation sounded this downright satisfying.
Tony Allen: The Source by Mark Sullivan, published on September 26, 2017. Drummer and Afrobeat pioneer Tony Allen returns to his jazz roots for his first full-length Blue Note album, following the EP A Tribute to Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers. The Art Blakey arrangements married hard bop with an Afrobeat rhythmic sensibility: here the same approach is taken with original material (most of it composed and arranged by Allen and saxophonist Yann Jankielewicz). It's a big sound: a rhythm section with drums, bass, keyboards and guitar joined by five horns
The Source is an album by drummer Tony Allen recorded in 2017 and released on the Blue Note label. 2017 studio album by Tony Allen.
On September 8, Afrobeat legend Tony Allen will release The Source, the Nigerian-born Paris-based drummer's debut full-length album for Blue Note Records, following the tantalizing 4-track EP release A Tribute to Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers. The Source is the next step in Allen’s musical and spiritual voyage, and a further exploration of his early jazz influences.
Tony Allen And The Messengers. Without Tony Allen, there would be no afrobeat" - Fela Kuti. Perhaps the greatest drummer who has ever lived" - Brian Eno. There can be no disputing the fact that Tony Allen is a legend not just of afrobeat but of 20th century music as a whole. We're proud to present the launch of 'The Source', his new record on iconic jazz label Blue Note Records, which according to Mr Allen is the best recording he's ever made.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|C1||Wolf Eats Wolf||5:36|
Piano – Damon Albarn
|D1||Push And Pull||6:27|
|D3||Life Is Beautiful
Clavinet – Vincent Taurelle
- Record Company – Universal International Music B.V.
- Record Company – Universal Music France
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Blue Note France
- Copyright (c) – Blue Note France
- Recorded At – Midilive
- Mixed At – Konk Studios
- Mastered At – Chab Mastering
- Lacquer Cut At – SST GmbH
- Pressed By – Optimal Media GmbH – BH84048
- Arranged By – Tony Allen, Yann Jankielewicz
- Baritone Saxophone, Alto Saxophone, Flute – Rémi Sciuto
- Bass – Mathias Allamane
- Clavinet – Vincent Taurelle (tracks: D3)
- Composed By – Indy Dibongue (tracks: D1), Jean-Philippe Dary* (tracks: B1), Tony Allen, Yann Jankielewicz
- Design [Cover Design] – Rebecca Meek
- Drums – Tony Allen
- Executive-Producer – Eric Trosset
- Guitar – Indy Dibongue
- Lacquer Cut By – K.*
- Mixed By [Assistant Mixing Engineer] – Josh Green
- Photography By – Bernard Benant
- Piano – Damon Albarn (tracks: C2)
- Piano, Organ – Jean-Phi Dary
- Producer, Recorded By, Mixed By – Bertrand Fresel, Vincent Taurelle
- Recorded By [Assistant Recording Engineer] – Etienne Clauzel
- Soprano Saxophone – Yann Jankielewicz
- Tenor Saxophone – Jean-Jacques Elangué
- Trombone, Tuba – Daniel Zimmermann
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Nicolas Giraud
Notes℗ © 2017 Blue Note France
Made in the E.U.
Analog recording, analog mixing, analog mastering
No digital process was used in the production of this sound recording.
Recorded live to analog tape at Midilive Studio, Villetaneuse (France)
Mixed to analog tape at Konk Studio, London
Mastered at Chabmastering Studio, Paris (France)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned): 602557683363
- Barcode (Text): 6 02557 68336 3
- Rights Society: SCPP
- Rights Society: FCM
- SPARS Code: AAA
- Other (Cat # LP 1): 5768338
- Other (Cat # LP 2): 5768339
- Matrix / Runout (Label A): LP20A
- Matrix / Runout (Label B): LP20B
- Matrix / Runout (Label C): LP20C
- Matrix / Runout (Label D): LP20D
- Matrix / Runout (Etched A): 5768338 A-1 K. SST BH84048-01 A1
- Matrix / Runout (Etched B): 5768338 B-1 K. SST BH84048-01 B1
- Matrix / Runout (Etched C): 5768339 A-1 K. SST BH84048-02 C1
- Matrix / Runout (Etched D): 5768339 B-1 K. SST BH84048-02 D1
|B002721402||Tony Allen||The Source (CD, Album)||Blue Note France||B002721402||US||2017|
|none||Tony Allen||The Source (CDr, Album, Promo)||Blue Note, Universal Music France||none||France||2017|
|5768329||Tony Allen||The Source (CD, Album)||Blue Note France||5768329||Europe||2017|
|5781091||Tony Allen||The Source (CD, Album)||Blue Note France||5781091||Europe||2017|