Elton John - Reg Strikes Back FLAC album
Title: Reg Strikes Back
Style: Pop Rock
FLAC version ZIP size: 1908 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1954 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1131 mb
Other Formats: DXD VQF AHX AUD DMF MP4 AIFF
Reg Strikes Back, released in 1988, is the twenty-first studio album by Elton John. It was his self-proclaimed comeback album, and his own way of fighting back against bad press. The "Reg" in Reg Strikes Back refers to John's birth name, Reginald Kenneth Dwight. In the US the album was certified gold in August 1988 by the RIAA. This was the last album that bassist Dee Murray (albeit without bass) appeared on prior to his death in 1992.
Album · 1988 · 14 Songs. Reg Strikes Back (Remastered) Elton John.
Band Name Elton John. Album Name Reg Strikes Back. 13. I Don't Wanna Go on with You Like That (Just Elton and His Piano Mix). 14. Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters (Pt. 2) (the Renaissance Mix).
BPM Profile Reg Strikes Back. Album starts at 128BPM, ends at 68BPM (-60), with tempos within the 68-134BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by Elton John. Wonderful Crazy Night. Good Morning to the Night.
While "Reg Strikes Back" is still very much an 80's album (heavy on synths and drum machines), the songs are uniformly strong. He even went as far as to update "Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters" from "Honky Chateau," and then perform the two as a medley in concert. Pete Townsend plays guitar on the peppy opener "Town Of Plenty," and the Beach Boys chime in on "When God Invented Girls. This was the album where Elton decided to reclaim his personality, as the great Sothby's sell-off of his old gear on the cover shows.
As Elton John's first album for MCA Records, Reg Strikes Back received a considerable amount of hype upon its release, but the results were considerably less inspired than his early-'80s records for Geffen. It's always a bad sign when an artist re-records or reinterprets one of his classics, as John does here with "Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters, Pt. 2," but what really sinks Reg Strikes Back are the colorless tunes.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Town Of Plenty
Guitar – Pete Townshend
|A2||A Word In Spanish||4:38|
|A3||Mona Lisa And Mad Hatters (Part Two)
Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Freddie Hubbard
|A4||I Don't Wanna Go On With You Like That||4:33|
|B1||Goodbye Marlon Brando||3:29|
|B2||The Camera Never Lies||4:35|
Written-By – Taupin*, Davey Johnstone, Elton John
|B5||Since God Invented Girls
Backing Vocals – Adrian Baker, Bruce Johnston, Carl Wilson, Elton John
- Copyright (c) – Happenstance Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Happenstance Ltd.
- Pressed By – MCA Pressing Plant, Gloversville
- Recorded At – Air Studios
- Art Direction – David Costa
- Artwork [Production] – Julie Moss
- Backing Vocals – Dee Murray, Nigel Olsson
- Bass – David Paton
- Drums – Charlie Morgan
- Engineer [Second Engineer, Circle Seven Recording Studios] – Michael Mason*
- Engineer [Second Engineer, The Record Plant] – Paul Wertheimer
- Guitar, Backing Vocals – Davey Johnstone
- Keyboards, Harmony Vocals, Backing Vocals – Elton John
- Management – Connie Hillman, John Reid , Steve Brown
- Mastered By – Tim Young
- Other [Elton's Wardrobe] – Bob Stacey
- Photography By – Gered Mankowitz
- Producer – Chris Thomas
- Recorded By – Bill Price
- Recorded By [Assisted By] – Karl Lever
- Synthesizer – Fred Mandel
- Tambourine, Maracas, Timbales – Ray Cooper (tracks: B1 to B4)
- Written-By – Davey Johnstone (tracks: B3), Elton John - Taupin* (tracks: A1 to B2, B4, B5)
NotesGatefold with printed inner sleeve.
Main difference the parenthesis on label codes (on the left).
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 76732-6240-1 2
- Matrix / Runout (On label A): (MCA7897)
- Matrix / Runout (On label B): (MCA7898)
- Matrix / Runout (Side A / etched, exc. ▣-G-▣ [variant 1]): MCA 7897-1 d ▣-G-▣
- Matrix / Runout (Side A / etched, exc. ▣-G-▣ [variant 1]): MCA 7898-3 ▣-G-▣ 2
|EJLP 3, 834 701-1||Elton John||Reg Strikes Back (LP, Album, Gat)||The Rocket Record Company, The Rocket Record Company||EJLP 3, 834 701-1||UK||1988|
|CASS 36008||Elton John||Reg Pega El Golpe (Cass, Album)||The Rocket Record Company||CASS 36008||Ecuador||1988|
|834 701-1||Elton John||Reg Strikes Back (LP, Album, Gat)||The Rocket Record Company, Polygram Ibérica, S.A.||834 701-1||Spain||1988|
|EJMC 3, INT. 834 701-4||Elton John||Reg Strikes Back (Cass, Album)||The Rocket Record Company, The Rocket Record Company||EJMC 3, INT. 834 701-4||UK||1988|
|32PD-476||Elton John = エルトン・ジョン*||Elton John = エルトン・ジョン* - Reg Strikes Back = Reg-ストライクス・バック (CD, Album)||The Rocket Record Company||32PD-476||Japan||1988|