Laurie Anderson - Strange Angels FLAC album
Genre: Electronic / Rock
Title: Strange Angels
Style: Avantgarde, Art Rock, Synth-pop, Experimental
FLAC version ZIP size: 1525 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1653 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1507 mb
Other Formats: MMF DTS VOC MP4 DMF MPC AUD
Strange Angels is the fifth album overall and fourth studio album by performance artist and singer Laurie Anderson, released by Warner Bros. With this release, Anderson attempted to move away from her previous image as a performance artist into a more musical realm. Although music had always been part of her performance, it was never brought to the fore as much as it was on Strange Angels. Anderson did more singing on this album than she did on previous albums.
Laurie Anderson's third proper studio album, coming over five years after 1984's Mister Heartbreak (1986's Home of the Brave was a film soundtrack), is a near-total departure from anything she had done before or, indeed, anything she did after.
Laurie Anderson – Strange Angels. Records – 9 25900-1, Warner Bros. Formato: Vinyl, LP, Album. Lista de faixas Ocultar Créditos. Accordion – Tom "T-Bone" Wolk Bass – Bakithi Khumalo Bass, Keyboards – Robby Kilgore Drum Programming – Eric LiljestrandGuitar – Scott JohnsonHarmonica – Hugh McCrackenKeyboards – Dave Lebolt Pedal Steel Guitar – Gib WhartonPercussion – Sue d By – Mike ThorneViolin – Kenny Kosek.
Tracklist: 1. Strange Angels, 2. Monkey’s Paw, 3. Coolsville, 4. Ramon, 5. Babydoll, 6. Beautiful Red Dress, 7. The Day The Devil, 8. The Dream Before, 9. My Eyes, 10. Hiawatha. More albums from Laurie Anderson: Heart Of A Dog by Laurie Anderson. Home Of The Brave by Laurie Anderson. Life On A String by Laurie Anderson. United States Live by Laurie Anderson. Homeland by Laurie Anderson. Rien Dans Les Poches by Laurie Anderson. Mister Heartbreak by Laurie Anderson. Big Science by Laurie Anderson. View all albums . Strange Angels.
Laurie Anderson released in 1989 her third studio album entitled 'Strange Angels', in my opinion, nothing can beat her 'Big Science', but this is not bad at all. With ten compositions and a total time of 46 minutes, the album kicks off with 'Strange Angels' a charming pop ballad that has a very nice guitar on it, I would not say it is the best introduction to her music, but is a charming song after all, so you may enjoy it. 'Monkey's Paw' has that Laurie flavor at its beginning; I really like the rhythm, the use of percussion and voices here and th. .
Produced by Laurie Anderson, Roma Baran & Mike Thorne. Album Strange Angels. Strange Angels Lyrics. They say that heaven is like TV A perfect little world that doesn't really need you And everything there is made of light And the days keep going by. Here they come Here they come Here they come. Well it was one of those days larger than life When your friends came to dinner and they stayed the night And then they cleaned out the refrigerator They ate everything in sight And then they stayed up in the living room And they cried all night
Album · 1989 · 10 Songs. Strange Angels Laurie Anderson. Listen on Apple Music.
Indie Rock Laurie Anderson. Band Name Laurie Anderson. Album Name Strange Angels. Wydawcy Warner Music Group WEA. Styl muzycznyIndie Rock. Zarejestrowanych posiada ten album4. 2. Monkey's Paw. 3. Coolsville.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Accordion – Tom "T-Bone" Wolk*Bass – Robby Kilgore*Drum Programming – Eric LiljestrandHarmonica – Hugh McCrackenPedal Steel Guitar [Pedal Steel] – Gib WhartonViolin – Kenny Kosek
Backing Vocals [Back-up Vocals] – BJ Nelson*, Lisa Fischer, Yolanda LeeBass – Mark EganConch [Conch Shell] – Steve TurreProgrammed By [Percussion Programming] – Ian Ritchie
Drum Programming – Laurie AndersonDrums – Anton Fier
Percussion – Crusher*
|6||Beautiful Red Dress
Drum Programming – Peter SchererGuitar – Arto LindsaySaxophone – Lenny Pickett
|7||The Day The Devil
Chapman Stick – Tony LevinChoir – Angela Clemmons, BJ Nelson*, Darryl Tookes, Diane Wilson, Lisa Fischer, Paulette McWilliams, Phil Ballou*Choir, Conductor [Choir Director] – Bennie Diggs*Guitar – Chris SpeddingKeyboards – Mike ThorneWritten-By [Written With] – Peter Lawrence Gordon*
|8||The Dream Before||3:03|
Programmed By [Percussion Programming] – Laurie Anderson
Backing Vocals [Back-up Vocals] – Maggie Roche, Suzzy Roche, Terre RocheBass – Mark Dresser
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – WEA International Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – WEA International Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Difficult Music
- Copyright (c) – Lolo Music
- Copyright (c) – Blackwood Music Inc.
- Recorded At – The Lobby
- Recorded At – Skyline Studios
- Recorded At – Right Track Recording
- Recorded At – Platinum Island Studios
- Recorded At – Electric Lady Studios
- Recorded At – Kampo Cultural Center
- Recorded At – Soundtrack Studios
- Recorded At – Sigma Sound Studios, New York
- Recorded At – Sorcerer Sound
- Recorded At – RPM Studios
- Recorded At – Pinwheel
- Recorded At – The Stereo Society
- Recorded At – Bearsville Studios
- Recorded At – Fantasy Studios
- Recorded At – Quad Recording Studios
- Mastered At – Masterdisk
- Mixed At – Masterdisk
- Edited At – Masterdisk
- Alto Saxophone – Alex Foster (tracks: 2, 5)
- Backing Vocals [Back-up Vocals] – Bennie Diggs* (tracks: 2, 5, 7), Phil Ballou* (tracks: 2, 5, 7)
- Baritone Saxophone – Lew Del Gatto (tracks: 2, 5)
- Bass – Peter Scherer (tracks: 3, 6)
- Bass [Fretless Bass] – Bakithi Khumalo* (tracks: 1, 2, 5, 9)
- Design – M&Co.*
- Drum Programming – Jimmy Bralower (tracks: 5, 7), Leon Pendarvis (tracks: 5)
- Drums – Joey Baron (tracks: 10), Steve Gadd (tracks: 5, 9)
- Edited By [Digital Editing By] – Scott Hull
- Engineer [Recording Engineer], Programmed By [Macintosh Programming], Sampler [Sampling] – Eric Liljestrand
- Guitar – David Spinozza (tracks: 5), Jimi Tunnell (tracks: 9), John Selolwane (tracks: 2, 5, 9), Ray Phiri (tracks: 2, 9), Scott Johnson (tracks: 1, 10)
- Keyboards – "Blue" Gene Tyranny (tracks: 2, 5, 7), Dave Lebolt* (tracks: 1 to 3, 5, 7, 9), Laurie Anderson (tracks: 2 to 5, 8 to 10), Peter Scherer (tracks: 6, 10), Robby Kilgore* (tracks: 1, 4, 9)
- Management – Linda Goldstein
- Mastered By – Bob Ludwig
- Mixed By – Bob Clearmountain (tracks: 2, 7), Jay Healy (tracks: 6), Josh Abbey (tracks: 8), Neil Dorfsman (tracks: 1, 3 to 5, 9, 10)
- Percussion – Bill Buchen (tracks: 7, 9), Cyro Baptista (tracks: 6), David Van Tieghem (tracks: 3), Laurie Anderson (tracks: 3), Manolo Badrena (tracks: 2, 7, 9), Nana Vasconcelos* (tracks: 2), Sue Hadjopoulos (tracks: 1 to 3, 10)
- Photography By – Robert Mapplethorpe
- Producer – Arto Lindsay (tracks: 6), Ian Ritchie (tracks: 2, 8, 9), Laurie Anderson, Leon Pendarvis (tracks: 5), Mike Thorne (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 7), Peter Scherer (tracks: 6), Roma Baran
- Programmed By [Percussion Programming] – Mike Thorne (tracks: 1, 7)
- Recorded By [Additional Recording] – Dominick Maita, Francis Manzella, James Farber, Jeff Lippay, Josh Abbey, Malcolm Pollack, Mike Krowiak, Roger Moutenot, Scott Ansell, Tom Size
- Recorded By [Assistant] – Abdu Malahi, Adam Yellin, Alan Feierstein*, Anthony Stuart , Chris Laidlaw, Chris Savino*, Dave Schiffman*, Dimitri Jakimowicz, Ed Korengo, George Cowan, Jim Goatley, Jim Petrie, John Herman, John Tumminia, Katherine Miller, Kieran Connelly, Oz Fritz, Patrick Dillet*, Paul Angelli, Robert Derby, Scott Gootman, Thomas Schaumann, U.E. Nastasi*, Valerie Ghent
- Tenor Saxophone, Arranged By [Horn Arrangement] – Lenny Pickett (tracks: 2, 5)
- Trombone – Steve Turre (tracks: 2, 5)
- Trumpet – Earl Gardner (tracks: 2, 5), Laurie Frink (tracks: 2, 5)
- Vocals – Bobby McFerrin (tracks: 2, 4, 8)
- Vocals, Words By, Music By – Laurie Anderson
Recorded at: The Lobby, Skyline, Right Track, Platinum Island, Electric Lady, Kampo Cultural Center, Soundtrack, Sigma Sound, Sorcerer Sound, RPM, Pinwheel, The Stereo Society, Bearsville Sound, Fantasy, Quad
Words and music © 1989 Difficult Music BMI
"The Day The Devil" © 1989 Difficult Music/Lolo Music/Blackwood Music BMI
Digital editing at Masterdisk. Mastered at Masterdisk
Digitally mixed and mastered at Masterdisk
Photography © 1987
© 1989 Warner Bros. Records Inc. for theU.S.
Warner Bros. Records Inc., A Warner Communications Company [Warner logo]® 3300 Warner Blvd., Burbank, CA 91505-4694.
75 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10019-6908
© 1989 Warner Bros. Records Inc. for the U.S. and WEA International Inc. for the world outside of the U.S.
℗ 1989 Warner Bros. Records Inc. for the U.S. and WEA International Inc. for the world outside of the U.S.
Manufactured in Germany
Fabrique en Allemagne · Record Service
[Warner logo] A Warner Communications Company
Issued in standard jewel case, black tray, with a 20-page booklet.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 7599-25900-2 0
- Matrix / Runout: 759925900-2.3 10/98
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L011
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 05N7
- Rights Society: GEMA/BIEM
- Label Code: LC 0392
- Other (SPARS Code): ADD
- Other (Distribution Code): FRANCE WE 833
|925 900-2||Laurie Anderson||Strange Angels (CD, Album)||Warner Bros. Records||925 900-2||Europe||1989|
|9 25900-4, 4-25900||Laurie Anderson||Strange Angels (Cass, Album, AR,)||Warner Bros. Records, Warner Bros. Records||9 25900-4, 4-25900||US||1989|
|9 25900-4, 4-25900||Laurie Anderson||Strange Angels (Cass, Album, SR,)||Warner Bros. Records, Warner Bros. Records||9 25900-4, 4-25900||US||1989|
|Q 019||Laurie Anderson||Strange Angels (Cass, Album, Unofficial)||Quartet||Q 019||Poland||Unknown|
|925 900-1, WX 258||Laurie Anderson||Strange Angels (LP, Album)||Warner Bros. Records, Warner Bros. Records||925 900-1, WX 258||Europe||1989|