The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots FLAC album
Genre: Electronic / Rock
Title: Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots
Style: Psychedelic Rock, Indie Rock, Experimental
FLAC version ZIP size: 1774 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1607 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1950 mb
Other Formats: WAV MP3 DTS MMF DXD VOX ADX
Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots is the tenth studio album by American rock band The Flaming Lips, released on July 15, 2002 by Warner Bros. The album was well-received critically and commercially, helping the band break into the mainstream, and was adapted into a musical in 2012
Oh Yoshimi, they don't believe me But you won't let those robots defeat me Yoshimi, they don't believe me But you won't let those robots eat me. Yoshimi. Cause she knows that It'd be tragic If those evil robots win I know she can beat them. There is debate as to whether or not the song and album as a whole is about Yoshimi fighting cancer, (pink could symbolize breast cancer,) but one thing’s beyond debate: it rocks! "Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots, Pt. 1" Track Info.
I think it's safe to say that the Flaming Lips' Wayne Coyne is a genius, equal parts Thomas Edison. So let's just come right out and say it: after the one-two punch of Zaireeka and The Soft Bulletin, Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots is a bold and inventive work, brimming with ideas and sublime moments of brilliance. But it's also unfocused and top-heavy, a concept album about robots and karate that, somewhere along the line, strays into languorous, contemplative songs about mortality and death.
Yoshimi represents love and compassion. To be defeated by the pink robots is to become one of them, to give up on love and your fellow man and behave like a robot. Hence the line from another song on the album, "one more robot learns to be something more than a machine. That line means, "one more person remembers how to be a person and not a mindless, selfish "pink robot. Joe from San Diego, CaI saw this guy on the Daily Show last night who wrote this book Wired for War about the future use of robotics in . warfare (already using over 35,000 droids in Iraq). Dave from London, EnglandIt's a great track, and a great album and their new album is fantastic too! and yeah!
The album was well-received critically and commercially, helping the band break into the mainstream, and was adapted into a musical in 2012. Uncut declared that even by their standards, Yoshimi is astonishing
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A2||One More Robot / Sympathy 3000-21||4:59|
|A3||Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots Pt. 1||4:45|
|A4||Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots Pt. 2
Featuring – Yoshimi P-We*
|A5||In The Morning Of The Magicians||6:18|
|B1||Ego Tripping At The Gates Of Hell||4:34|
|B2||Are You A Hypnotist??||4:44|
|B4||Do You Realize??||3:32|
|B5||All We Have Is Now||3:53|
|B6||Approaching Pavanis Mons By Balloon (Utopia Planitia)||3:09|
- Record Company – Warner Music Group
- Record Company – AOL Time Warner
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Recorded At – Tarbox Road Studios
- Published By – Lovely Sorts of Death
- Published By – EMI Blackwood Music Inc.
- Mastered At – Optimal Media Production – B266608
- Pressed By – Optimal Media Production – B266608
- Copyright (c) – Lovely Sorts of Death
- Copyright (c) – EMI Blackwood Music Inc.
- Design, Layout – George Salisbury
- Engineer [Additional] – Michael Ivins
- Mastered By – HL
- Mastered By [Variant] – MK
- Mixed By – Dave Fridmann, The Flaming Lips
- Performer – Michael Ivins, Steven Drozd, Wayne Coyne
- Photography By – J. Michelle Martin
- Producer – Dave Fridmann, Scott Booker, The Flaming Lips
- Programmed By, Engineer, Mastered By, Songwriter [Additional] – Dave Fridmann
- Recorded By – Dave Fridmann, The Flaming Lips
- Tracking By [Additional] – Andy Taub, Trent Bell
- Written-By – The Flaming Lips
NotesComes in a gatefold sleeve.
Recorded at Tarbox Road Studios in Cassadaga, New York, June 2000 - April 2002. Additional tracking at Bell Labs and Brooklyn Bridge Recordings.
© ℗ 2002 Warner Bros. Records Inc.
©2002 Lovely Sorts of Death/EMI Blackwood Music Inc. BMI.
Some copies come affixed with a Cargo Distribution sticker.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 93624 81411 5
- Barcode (Scanned): 093624814115
- Matrix / Runout (Etchings Side A, Variant 1): B266608-01 A3 HL
- Matrix / Runout (Etchings Side B, Variant 1): B266608-01 B1 HL
- Matrix / Runout (Etchings Side A, Variant 2): B266608-01 A4 HL
- Matrix / Runout (Etchings Side B, Variant 2): B266608-01 B2 MK
- Label Code: LC 00392
- Rights Society: GEMA / BIEM
- Rights Society: BMI
|9 48141-2||The Flaming Lips||Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots (CD, Album)||Warner Bros. Records||9 48141-2||US||2002|
|none||The Flaming Lips||Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots Instrumentals (CDr, Album, Promo)||Warner Bros. Records||none||US||2002|
|936248141-2||The Flaming Lips||Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots (CD, Album)||Warner Bros. Records||936248141-2||Brazil||2005|
|530200-1||The Flaming Lips||Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots (LP, Album, RE, RM)||Warner Bros. Records||530200-1||US||2011|
|none||The Flaming Lips||Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots (CDr, Album, Promo)||Warner Bros. Records||none||US||2002|