The Firesign Theatre - The Tale Of The Giant Rat Of Sumatra FLAC album
Genre: Audio recording
Title: The Tale Of The Giant Rat Of Sumatra
FLAC version ZIP size: 1392 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1371 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1271 mb
Other Formats: WAV MMF VOC AIFF MP4 AU AC3
The Tale of the Giant Rat of Sumatra. Columbia Records, 1974.
Complete your The Firesign Theatre collection. Chapter 4 - Where Did Jonas Go When The Lights Went Out? Chapter 5 - Pickles Down The Rat Hole! Chapter 6 - The Electrician Exposes Himself! Versions (7).
The Tale of the Giant Rat of Sumatra. Released January 1974. The Tale of the Giant Rat of Sumatra Tracklist.
After the mediocre response to the previous albums, Firesign Theatre returned to the radio play format that worked so well for them with Nick Danger. This time they take on Sherlock Holmes, here redubbed Hemlock Stones, and stretch the motif across both sides of the album. It has all the trademark wordplay of earlier Firesign Theatre, but it isn't quite as smart. Still, there are worse ways to spend 40 minutes.
5. Pickles Down the Rat Hole. 6. The Electrician Exposes Himself! 9:05. The Tale of the Giant Rat of Sumatra is the seventh comedy album released by The Firesign Theatre and released in January 1974 by Columbia Records. View All . Thank you to the following people for keeping this profile up-to-date. Would you like to contribute? Register . Lists. 27 Lists . The Tale of the Giant Rat of Sumatra appears in the following lists: Sherlock Holmes pastiches. 2 lists, 25 members.
alike It is well worth repeated listenings-it rivals "Bozos" and "Dwarf" in number of listenings-and pays dividends of laughter and insight"4.
The Firesign Theatre version seems to begin with Watson about to write the tale anyway since the pair are desperate for money, but he never quite gets around to telling it. Philip Proctor plays detective Hemlock Stones (Sherlock Holmes) and David Ossman plays Flotsam (Watson), his "patient doctor and biographer". Members of the group themselves have taken varied attitudes towards this album. In the liner notes to Shoes for Industry: The Best of the Firesign Theatre, David Ossman was cheerful when discussing it and said that "I always thought it was the closest thing to the relentlessly pun-filled one-acts we did in clubs. Phil Austin, on the other hand, said, "The Sherlock Holmes album didn't do anybody any good. the general public was by that point beginning to tire of psychedelia anyway, and we were unfortunately always going to be associated with that.
Let us know what you think of the Last.
|Part One - London|
|A1||Chapter 1 - Not Quite The Solution He Expected||8:39|
|A2||Chapter 2 - An Outrageously Disgusting Disguise||5:09|
|A3||Chapter 3 - Where There's Smoke, There's Work||5:40|
|Part Two - Chicago|
|B1||Chapter 4 - Where Did Jonas Go When The Lights Went Out?||7:07|
|B2||Chapter 5 - Pickles Down The Rat Hole!||6:13|
|B3||Chapter 6 - The Electrician Exposes Himself!||9:06|
- Manufactured By – Columbia Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – CBS Inc.
- Published By – 4 or 5 Krazy Guys Publishing
- Engineered At – RCA Studios, Hollywood
- Design – Nisan Eventoff
- Engineer – Peter Abbott*, Steve Francisco
- Illustration [Cover] – Robert Schulenberg*
- Typography [Hand Lettering] – Keith Sheridan
- Written-By, Performer [Performed By], Producer – The Firesign Theatre
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Etched Side A var 1): 5X I PAL 32730-1A F
- Matrix / Runout (Etched Side B var 1): I PBL 32730-1A SX
- Matrix / Runout (Etched Side A var 2): PAL 32730-1C 0 SX A
- Matrix / Runout (Etched Side B var 2): I PBL 32730-1A SX 1D
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|KC 32730, C 32730||The Firesign Theatre||The Tale Of The Giant Rat Of Sumatra (LP)||Columbia||KC 32730, C 32730||US||1974|
|KC 32730||The Firesign Theatre||The Tale Of The Giant Rat Of Sumatra (LP, Album)||Columbia||KC 32730||Canada||1974|
|LGH1076||The Firesign Theatre||The Tale Of The Giant Rat Of Sumatra (CD, Album)||Laugh.com||LGH1076||US||2001|
|PC 32730||The Firesign Theatre||The Tale Of The Giant Rat Of Sumatra (LP, Album, RE)||Columbia||PC 32730||US||1974|
|KC 32730||The Firesign Theatre||The Tale Of The Giant Rat Of Sumatra (LP, Album, San)||Columbia||KC 32730||US||1974|