Jan Akkerman - Jan Akkerman FLAC album
Genre: Jazz / Rock
Title: Jan Akkerman
Style: Jazz-Rock, Fusion
FLAC version ZIP size: 1842 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1191 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1927 mb
Other Formats: AC3 RA DXD MPC TTA ASF AIFF
Eli is the fourth solo album by the Dutch guitarist Jan Akkerman. It appeared under the name "Jan Akkerman & Kaz Lux". The track "Strindberg" was written as a tribute to August Strindberg's works. A departure from the progressive rock that Focus (Akkerman's previous band) produced, "Eli" is a concept album with elements of jazz, pop, and funk intermixed. It won the Netherlands' Edison Award in 1976 for Best Album. Guardian Angel" 4:58. Can't Fake a Good Time" 5:25.
The Complete Jan Akkerman is a new 26 CD box set which brings together all the studio albums (and more) of Dutch guitar legend Jan Akkerman, who found international success with the band Focus. The creative guitarist is well known for his individualistic style, combining rock, jazz, blues, and baroque into his solo projects.
Jan Akkerman first picked up a guitar aged 5. Legend has it that he played accordian aged 3, and was entirely self-taught on the guitar, but in actual fact he took classical guitar lessons, studied at Amsterdam Music Lyceum for 5 years and won a scholarship. His father was a guitarist, and his mother played the accordian. The last solo album by Jan Akkerman as of 2018 captures Jan in a relaxed mood, not willing to experiment but possessing the usual guitar licks and feeling to incorporate various influences into a live-felt performance. Not much focus is laid on the compositions; playing quality and contemporary feeling are featured.
Album Name Jan Akkerman. Labels Atlantic Records. Music StyleJazz Rock. Members owning this album0.
Jan Akkerman (born Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 24 December 1946) is a Dutch guitar virtuoso. In 1973 Akkerman was voted 'Best Guitarist in the World' by the readers of the British music magazine, Melody Maker. Akkerman is best known for his work with Amsterdam-based symphonic rock band Focus, with organ/flute player, Thijs van Leer, as its frontman. Akkerman was born in the heart of Amsterdam, the son of a scrap iron trader.
|7||Gate To Europe||3:00|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – WEA Records B.V.
- Recorded At – Morgan Studios
- Recorded At – Soundpush Studios
- Mastered At – EMI Studios, Heemstede
- Manufactured By – Record Service GmbH
- Published By – Radio Tele Music
- Arranged By [Strings & Flutes] – Michael Gibbs
- Art Direction – Hans Tonino, Rens Benerink
- Artwork [Retouch] – Four Colors
- Bass – Cees van der Laarse
- Conductor [Strings] – Roger Webb
- Design [Cover] – Rens Benerink
- Design [Jan Akkerman Logo] – Wim Ballendux
- Drums – Bruno Castelucci*, Pierre van der Linden (tracks: 6)
- Engineer [Recording] – Jan Schuurman
- Executive-Producer – Hans Tonino
- Guitar, Arranged By [Arrangements], Composed By [All Compositions] – Jan Akkerman
- Keyboards – Joachim Kühn
- Mastered By – André Leenders, Henk Horden
- Mixed By – Jan Schuurman (tracks: 2, 3, 7), Jay Denson, Richard DeBois*
- Other [Guitars Customized By] – Anno Galema
- Percussion – Neppie Noya*
- Photography By – Joost Noordhoek
- Producer – Richard DeBois*
- Remastered By [Digitally Re-mastered] – Hans Brethouwer
NotesRecorded at the Soundpush Studios - Blaricum-Holland.
Strings recorded at the Morgan Studios - London.
Mastered at the EMI Studios - Heemstede-Holland.
Published by Radio Tele Music
℗ 1977 WEA Records B.V.
Manufactured in Germany by Record Service GmbH, Alsdorf
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Printed): 0 22924 23602
- Barcode (Scanned): 022924236020
- Matrix / Runout: 229242360-2.4 10/98
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L012
- Rights Society: GEMA/BIEM
- Label Code: LC 4281
- Price Code: WE 851
- SPARS Code: AAD
|ATLN 50420, ATLN 50 420||Jan Akkerman||Jan Akkerman (LP, Album)||Atlantic, Atlantic||ATLN 50420, ATLN 50 420||Netherlands||1977|
|242 360-2||Jan Akkerman||Jan Akkerman (CD, Album, RE, RM)||WEA||242 360-2||Europe||1995|
|POCE-1116||Jan Akkerman||Jan Akkerman (CD, Album, RE, RM, Pap)||Strange Days Records||POCE-1116||Japan||2007|
|KSD 19159||Jan Akkerman||Jan Akkerman (LP, Album)||Atlantic||KSD 19159||Canada||1977|
|MOVLP994||Jan Akkerman||Jan Akkerman (LP, Album, RE, 180)||Music On Vinyl||MOVLP994||Europe||2014|