Buena Vista Social Club - Buena Vista Social Club FLAC album
Genre: Jazz / Latin / Folk and World music
Title: Buena Vista Social Club
Style: Afro-Cuban Jazz, Son, Trova, Danzon, Bolero
FLAC version ZIP size: 1171 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1181 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1167 mb
Other Formats: ASF MMF MP2 DMF ADX VOC WMA
Buena Vista Social Club is the debut album by the eponymous ensemble of Cuban musicians directed by Juan de Marcos González and American guitarist Ry Cooder. It was recorded at Havana's EGREM studios in March 1996 and released on September 16, 1997, on World Circuit.
The original Buena Vista Social Club album was recorded for World Circuit Records over seven days at the vintage EGREM studios in Havana. Released in 1997, the album went to on to become a worldwide phenomenon, selling over 8 million copies and helping to introduce Cuba’s rich musical heritage and pre-revolutionary past. Now, almost two decades later, World Circuit Records are delighted to present ‘Buena Vista Social Club’ on double vinyl – released for the very first time in Europe on 23/10/2015
The original Buena Vista Social Club™ album was recorded for World Circuit Records by Ry Cooder and Nick Gold over seven days in Havana in 1996, bringing together many of the great names of the golden age of Cuban music in the 1950s, several of whom were coaxed out of retirement for the sessions. The album became a surprise international best-seller and the most successful album in the history of Cuban music.
Buena Vista Social Club. The official page for Buena Vista Social Club, brought to you by ww. orldcircuitrecords. Get your copy here: worldcircuit. This album is named after a members-only club that was opened in Havana in pre-Castro times, a period of unbelievable musical activity in Cuba. While bandleader Desi Arnaz became a huge hit in the States, several equally talented musicians never saw success outside their native country, and have had nothing but their music to sustain them during the Castro reign. Ry Cooder went to Cuba to record a musical documentary of these performers. Many of the musicians on this album have been playing for more than a half century, and they sing and play with an obvious love for the material.
Buena Vista Social Club (CD, Album, Sli). World Circuit, Nonesuch. CDG-0288, ISRC CN-F21-01-398-00/A. Buena Vista Social Club. Buena Vista Social Club (HDCD, Album). But that means an affordable, top quality version will be coming in a few months! Good news all round. Reply See 3 replies Notify me Helpful. .has been added to your Cart. Released in 1997, the album went on to become a worldwide phenomenon, selling over 8 million copies and helping to introduce Cuba's rich musical heritage and pre-revolutionary past to the world. Now, almost two decades later, World Circuit Records are delighted to present 'Buena Vista Social Club' on double vinyl. This comes after a limited run that was released exclusively in the US and Japan back in 1997, with a subsequent re-issue in 2009 (US only). I remember Buena Vista Social Club and kept one of the songs in my mind (Chan Chan) and I was delighted that it was the first song on the CD. One more thing when I want to dance I put on this CD, I love the Afro-Cuban beat, I can also sit and listen to it for hours, it makes me feel like I am in Cuba.
Album · 1997 · 14 Songs. Buena Vista Social Club At Carnegie Hall (Live). See All. A Toda Cuba Le Gusta. Download MP3. Buena Vista Social Club, Roberto García, Orlando 'Cachaito' López, Amadito Valdes, Terry Domech, Octavio Calderon.
Buena Vista Social Club, led by Juan de Marcos Gonzalez and guitarist Ry Cooder, is a group of musicians and dancers who are named as homage to a Cuban tradition: a tradition of coming together in the name of dance and music and against repression and confinement. The collective, whose name comes from their album which paid homage to the original social and historical origins of the group, express freedom and creativity. They are beautiful to watch on stage, with their array of performers and instruments.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Congas, Backing Vocals – Compay SegundoWritten-By – Francisco Repilado
|2||De Camino A La Vereda
Written-By – Ibrahim Ferrer
|3||El Cuarto De Tula
Congas – Joachim CooderTimbales – Julienne Oviedo Sánchez*Written-By – Sergio Siaba*
Congas – Ibrahim FerrerWritten-By – Israel López*
Written-By – Isolina Carrillo
|6||¿Y Tú Qué Has Hecho?
Written-By – Eusebio Delfín
Vocals – Omara PortuondoWritten-By – María Teresa Vera
Guiro – Juan de Marcos GonzálezOud, Kora [Bolon], Slide Guitar [Floor Slide], Percussion – Ry CooderWritten-By – Guillermo Portabales
Acoustic Guitar, Slide Guitar [Electric] – Ry CooderWritten-By – Faustino Oramas
|10||Amor De Loca Juventud
Bongos – Ibrahim FerrerDouble Bass – Salvador Repilado LabradaGuitar – Benito Suárez Magana*Slide Guitar – Ry CooderVocals, Maracas – Julio Alberto Fernández*Written-By – Rafael Ortiz*
Drums – Joachim CooderWritten-By – Eliseo Silveira
Written-By – Electo Rosell 'Chepín'*
|13||Buena Vista Social Club
Congas – Manuel 'Puntillita' LiceaWritten-By – Israel López*
Written-By – Sindo Garay
- Distributed By – Warner Music Canada Ltd
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – World Circuit
- Copyright (c) – World Circuit
- Pressed By – Cinram
- A&R [A&R Consultant] – Juan de Marcos González
- Backing Vocals – Alberto Valdés* (tracks: 2, 3, 9), Ibrahim Ferrer (tracks: 1, 8), Juan de Marcos González (tracks: 2, 8, 9), Luis Barzaga (tracks: 2, 3, 9), Manuel 'Puntillita' Licea (tracks: 2, 9)
- Bongos – Carlos González (tracks: 1, 3, 9)
- Claves – Ibrahim Ferrer (tracks: 6, 13)
- Conductor – Juan de Marcos González (tracks: 3, 9)
- Congas – Lázaro Villa (tracks: 5, 12)
- Cowbell – Carlos González (tracks: 3, 9)
- Design – The Team
- Double Bass – Orlando "Cachaíto" López (tracks: 1 to 9, 11 to 14)
- Executive-Producer – Nick Gold
- Goblet Drum [Dumbek] – Joachim Cooder (tracks: 2, 3, 6, 7, 9 to 11)
- Guiro – Lázaro Villa (tracks: 4, 13)
- Guitar – Compay Segundo (tracks: 2, 6, 7, 10, 11, 14), Eliades Ochoa (tracks: 1, 3, 8, 9, 11), Ry Cooder (tracks: 1 to 7, 11 to 13)
- Keyboards – Rubén González (tracks: 4 to 6, 11 to 14)
- Laúd [Laoud] – Barbarito Torres (tracks: 2, 3, 7, 11)
- Maracas – Alberto Valdés* (tracks: 1 to 9, 12, 13)
- Mastered By – Bernie Grundman
- Mbira – Ry Cooder (tracks: 1, 8)
- Mixed By, Recorded By – Jerry Boys
- Photography By – Susan Titelman
- Producer – Ry Cooder
- Recorded By [Additional] – Larry Hirsch
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Jerry Boys
- Sleeve Notes – Nick Gold, Nigel Williamson
- Sleeve Notes [Translations By] – Francesca Clarke, Jenny Adlington
- Transcription By [Song Transcriptions By] – Juan de Marcos González, María Rodríguez
- Trumpet – Mañuel 'Guajiro' Mirabal* (tracks: 1 to 6, 9, 11)
- Udu – Joachim Cooder (tracks: 1, 4, 5, 8, 13)
- Vocals – Compay Segundo (tracks: 6, 7, 10, 11, 14), Eliades Ochoa (tracks: 1, 3, 8, 9), Ibrahim Ferrer (tracks: 2, 3, 5, 9, 12, 14), Manuel 'Puntillita' Licea (tracks: 3, 14)
NotesRecorded at Egrem Studios, Havana, Cuba, March 1996.
Additional recording at Ocean Way Studios, Los Angeles.
Mixed at Livingston Studios, London & The Bakery, Los Angeles.
Jewelcase comes housed in a slipcase with a 48 page booklet.
℗ + © 1997 World Circuit
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 7559-79478-2 3
- Matrix / Runout: 2-79478 #30115Z19
- Mastering SID Code: LT36
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 6000
- Other (stamped in mirror band): 01
- Other (in clear hub): MADE IN CANADA 23
|WQJP-2010-11||Buena Vista Social Club||Buena Vista Social Club (2xLP, Album)||Nonesuch, World Circuit||WQJP-2010-11||Japan||1997|
|RTH 79478||Buena Vista Social Club||Buena Vista Social Club (2xLP, Album, RE, Gat)||World Circuit, Nonesuch, Classic Records||RTH 79478||US||Unknown|
|79478-2, 79479-2||Buena Vista Social Club||Buena Vista Social Club (CD, Album, Sli)||World Circuit, Nonesuch||79478-2, 79479-2||US||1997|
|CDG-0288, ISRC CN-F21-01-398-00/A.J6||Buena Vista Social Club||Buena Vista Social Club (HDCD, Album)||World Circuit, Nonesuch||CDG-0288, ISRC CN-F21-01-398-00/A.J6||Thailand||1997|
|WPCR-5594||Buena Vista Social Club||Buena Vista Social Club (CD, Album)||Nonesuch||WPCR-5594||Japan||1997|