Toni Childs - The Woman's Boat FLAC album
Genre: Rock / Pop music
Title: The Woman's Boat
Style: Art Rock, Pop Rock, Vocal
FLAC version ZIP size: 1253 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1603 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1186 mb
Other Formats: VOC XM DXD AAC AHX AIFF DXD
The Woman's Boat is the third album by American singer/songwriter Toni Childs. Released in 1994, it was Childs' first and only album for the Geffen Records label and would be her last studio album for fourteen years. The album was not a commercial success and failed to chart, although the single "Lay Down Your Pain" reached on the . Billboard Dance/Club Play Chart in January 1995 and also earned Childs a Grammy nomination for Best Female Rock Vocal Performance. Studio album by. Toni Childs. I Just Want Affection" (Childs) – 5:58. I Met a Man" (Childs) – 4:44. The Woman's Boat" (Childs, David Rhodes) – 5:04.
Toni Childs (born October 29, 1957) is an American-Australian singer-songwriter. She is best known for her songs "Don't Walk Away" (a Billboard Hot 100 hit in the United States in 1988), "I've Got to Go Now", a Top 5 hit in Australia in 1991, and the Emmy-winning "Because You're Beautiful" (released as a single in 2004, and featured on her 2008 album Keep the Faith). In New Zealand she has had six Top 40 hit singles and three platinum albums.
The Woman's Boat is the third album by the American singer/songwriter Toni Childs.
Listen to Toni Childs Radio featuring songs from The Woman's Boat free online. Слушать бесплатное интернет-радио, спорт, музыку, новости, разговорное и подкасты. События в прямом эфире, трансляции игр NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, университетских команд и матчи Премьер-лиги. CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, ESPN, BBC, NPR.
Ultimate Collection - Студийный альбом от Toni Childs. В альбом вошло 15 треков. Продолжительность альбома: 01:18:46. The Dead Are Dancing. I Want to Walk With You. 05:02.
Toni Childs (born October 29, 1957) is an American singer-songwriter, best known for her songs "Don't Walk Away" (a Billboard Hot 100 hit in the United States in 1988), "I've Got To Go Now", a Top 5 hit in Australia in 1991, and the Emmy-winning "Because You're Beautiful" (released as a single in . ore . . Style:MLA Chicago APA. "The Woman's Boat Album.
The Woman's Boat is the third album by the American singer/songwriter Toni Childs Released in 1994, it was Childs' first and only album for the Geffen Reco. I Just Want Affection" 5:58. The Woman's Boat" 5:04. Lay Down Your Pain" 6:10. Long Time Coming" 4:33.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Cello – Martin TillmanPercussion [Clay Pot] – Sundar
|2||Welcome To The World
Bass – Jimmy SmythProgrammed By [Programming] – Jules BrooksTambura [Tamboura] – Nitya MohanVoice – Carol Rowley*, Jenny Newman
Didgeridoo – Ron Reeves
|4||I Just Want Affection
Mridangam, Percussion [Tavil] – SundarSarangi – Ustad Sultan KhanTambura [Tamboura] – Nitya MohanVoice – Pandit Dinesh
|5||I Met A Man
Drums – Mark Mondessir*Synthesizer [Synth] – Karl WallingerVoice – Peter GabrielVoice, Lyre [Nyatti] – Ayub Ogada
|6||The Woman's Boat
Jew's Harp [Moorsing], Mridangam, Percussion [Tavil] – Sundar
Voice [Assorted Voices] – Annie Waterhouse, Ben Findlay, David Bottrill, Kirsty Allen, Nusrat Fatah Ali Khan*, Pape Dieng, Sylvia Franklin
Cello – Martin Tillman
|9||Lay Down Your Pain
Programmed By [Programming] – Jules Brooks
|10||Long Time Coming
Voice – Ben Findlay, Pape Dieng
Cello – Caroline DaleCor Anglais – Kate St. JohnPiano – Jimmy Smyth
- Published By – Moon Skin Music
- Published By – MCA Music Publishing
- Published By – Jimmy Smyth Pub. Designee
- Published By – Self Control, Ltd.
- Recorded At – Real World Studios
- Mixed At – Skip Saylor Recording
- Mastered At – Gateway Mastering
- A&R [Artist & Repertoire] – Cindi Peters, Patricia Fuenzalida, Susanne Filkins, Tom Zutaut
- Art Direction, Design – Kevin Reagan
- Chapman Stick [Stick] – Trey Gunn (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 10)
- Coordinator [Production Coordinators] – Ian Gibson , Pam Esterson, Toni Spencer
- Drums – Pape Dieng (tracks: 2 to 4, 6, 9, 10), Peter McKinney (tracks: 6, 7, 9)
- Electronics [Frippertronics] – Robert Fripp (tracks: 1 to 5, 11)
- Engineer [Additional Engineering] – Ron Aslan
- Engineer [Assistant Engineering] – Ben Findlay, Eric Flickinger, Richard Baker , Russell Kearney
- Guitar – David Rhodes (tracks: 2, 6, 9), Jimmy Smyth (tracks: 2, 3, 7, 8, 10), Nemo Jones (tracks: 2 to 4), Robert Fripp (tracks: 1 to 5, 11)
- Management – Barbara Hutson, Michael Solomon
- Mastered By – Bob Ludwig
- Percussion – Lee Harris* (tracks: 1 to 7, 9 to 11)
- Photography By – Richard Litt
- Producer – David Bottrill, Toni Childs
- Programmed By [Programming] – Ron Aslan (tracks: 1 to 4, 9, 10)
- Synthesizer [Synth] – Jimmy Smyth (tracks: 3, 7, 8, 10, 11), Toni* (tracks: 1 to 6, 9)
- Tabla – Pandit Dinesh (tracks: 2, 4, 6, 9, 10)
- Vocals [Uncredited] – Toni Childs
- Voice – Zap Mama's Sabine Kabongo* (tracks: 1, 2, 5, 6, 10), Zap Mama's Sally Nyolo* (tracks: 2, 5, 6, 10), Zap Mama's Silvi Nawasadio* (tracks: 1, 2, 5, 6, 10)
- Written-By – David Rhodes (tracks: 6, 9), Jimmy Smyth (tracks: 2, 3, 7, 8, 10, 11), Toni Childs
Notes℗ & © 1994 Geffen Records, Inc., an MCA Company. Distributed by BMG.
1, 4, 5: Published © 1994 Moon Skin Music / MCA Music Publishing, A Division of MCA Inc. ASCAP
2, 3, 7, 8, 10, 11: Published © 1994 Moon Skin Music / MCA Music Publishing, A Division of MCA Inc. ASCAP / Jimmy Smyth Pub. Designee
6, 9: Published © 1994 Moon Skin Music / MCA Music Publishing, A Division of MCA Inc. ASCAP / Self Control, Ltd. PRS.
Robert Fripp appears courtesy of Discipline Records.
Ayub Ogada appears courtesy of Real World Records.
Kate St. John appears courtesy of All Saints Records.
Karl Wallinger appears courtesy of Ensign Records Ltd.
Special thanks to Mike Large and David Rhodes for inviting me to the Real World recording weeks. Everyone I met and played with during these two weeks has been an inspiration to this record.
This record is dedicated to the female spirit in every living thing. I believe we are poised for an opening, a new birth, a new way of thinking. I dream there is a new daughter born into the world, a new daughter born into the psyche of each man and woman. She has the courage to acknowledge what is felt and become visible, unveiling and discharging the inner predatory voices, the old fears of being crushed, and breathing finally in the safety and balance that is all our birthright.
Promotional releases issued with clear promo sticker on front inlay and drill hole through barcode and case.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 20642-46182 2
- Rights Society: ASCAP, PRS
- SPARS Code: DDD
- Matrix / Runout (Disc): DIDX 022827
- Matrix / Runout: DIDX-022827 1
|DGCSD 24618||Toni Childs||The Woman's Boat (CD)||Geffen Records||DGCSD 24618||Canada||1994|
|DGCD-24618||Toni Childs||The Woman's Boat (CD, Album, Club)||DGC||DGCD-24618||US||1994|
|DGCG-A-24618||Toni Childs||The Woman's Boat (CD, Album, Promo)||Geffen Records||DGCG-A-24618||US||1994|
|GED 24618, GED24618||Toni Childs||The Woman's Boat (CD, Album)||Geffen Records, Geffen Records||GED 24618, GED24618||Europe||1994|
|DGCD-24618, DGCD-24618 DJ-2||Toni Childs||The Woman's Boat (CD, Album, Promo)||DGC, DGC||DGCD-24618, DGCD-24618 DJ-2||US||1994|