Rahsaan Roland Kirk - Other Folks' Music FLAC album
Title: Other Folks' Music
Style: Hard Bop, Post Bop, Avantgarde
FLAC version ZIP size: 1289 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1265 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1296 mb
Other Formats: XM RA DMF MP2 AU AUD AIFF
Recorded At Regent Sound Studios, New York City, . MO" suffix on labels refers to Monarch Record Mfg.
Rahsaan Roland Kirk (August 7, 1935 – December 5, 1977) was an American jazz t who played tenor saxophone, flute, and many other instruments. He was renowned for his onstage vitality, during which virtuoso improvisation was accompanied by comic banter, political ranting, and the ability to play several instruments simultaneously. Kirk was born Ronald Theodore Kirk in Columbus, Ohio, where he lived in a neighborhood known as Flytown.
Complete your Rahsaan Roland Kirk collection. Not too bad. Rahsaan Roland Kirk definitely released much better albums in his career. This recording is not without its moments, but some of the material sounds like stoned late night jam material, which is not without its charms, but there is definitely a lack of depth to hold sustained interest for repeat listenings in a few of the tracks. Definitely worth picking up and listening to if you can find it and are a Kirk fan! Reply Notify me Helpful.
Does Your House Have Lions: The Rahsaan Roland Kirk Anthology - Rahsaan Roland Kirk. Открывайте новую музыку каждый день. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией. Миллионы композиций бесплатно и в хорошем качестве. Исполнитель: Rahsaan Roland Kirk.
Rahsaan Roland Kirk And The Vibration Society 1976 Live In Paris Full Album. Rahsaan Roland Kirk 1976 The Return Of The 5000 lb. Man Full Album. Rahsaan Roland Kirk 1976 Other Folks Music 05 Anysha. Rahsaan Roland Kirk - Return Of The 5000 lb. Man (1976) Theme For The Eulipions.
OTHER FOLKS MUSIC is, by Rahsaan's standards, fairly straight ahead, with a minimum of multiple horn action. Despite or because of this, it is a great album. Rahsaan plays harmonica on the beautiful spiritual "Water For Robeson and Williams," shadowed by cello; reed trumpet and tenor simultaneously on the standard "That's All"; incredible flute on a Latinized "Donna Lee"; and great tenor on "Arrival" and especially Frank Foster's "Simone," including a surreal duet with the snapcrackling Roy Haynes, who is in especially brilliant. This item: Other Folks Music. There's a problem loading this menu right now.
Album · 1976 · 7 Songs. Haunted Melodies - The Songs of Rahsaad Roland Kirk. Roland Kirk In Paris, Vol. 1. 2006. See All. The Complete Savoy & Dial Master Takes.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Water For Robeson And Williams
Written-By, Arranged By – Rahsaan Roland Kirk*
Arranged By – Rahsaan Roland Kirk*Written-By – Alan Brandt, Bob Haymes
Arranged By – Rahsaan Roland Kirk*Written-By – Charlie Parker
Arranged By – Rahsaan Roland Kirk*Written-By – Frank Foster
Arranged By – Rahsaan Roland Kirk*Written-By, Arranged By – Trudy Pitts
|B2||Samba Kwa Mwanamke Mweusi
Arranged By – Mattathias Pearson*Written-By – Henry Mattathias Pearson*
Written-By, Arranged By – Hilton Ruiz
- Recorded At – Regent Sound Studios, New York City
- Remixed At – Regent Sound Studios, New York City
- Manufactured By – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Copyright (c) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Mastered At – Atlantic Studios
- Pressed By – PRC Recording Company, Richmond, IN
- Bass – Mattathias Pearson*
- Cello – Kermit Morre*
- Drums – Roy Haynes, Sonny Brown
- Electric Piano, Piano – Trudy Pitts
- Engineer [Recording, Remix] – Robert Liftin*
- Harp – Gloria Agostini
- Illustration – Stanislaw Zagorski
- Liner Notes – Stanley Crouch
- Mastered By – GP*
- Percussion – Arthur Jenkins, Habao Texidor*
- Piano – Hilton Ruiz
- Producer – Joel Dorn
- Trumpet – Richard Williams
- Trumpet [Reed], Harmonica, Tenor Saxophone, Saxophone [Strich, Manzello], Flute, Other [Various Miscellaneous Instruments] – Rahsaan Roland Kirk*
NotesRecorded At Regent Sound Studios, New York City, N.Y.
"RI" suffix on labels is indicative of a PRC Recording Company, Richmond, IN pressing.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A label): ST-A-763593-RI
- Matrix / Runout (Side B label): ST-A-763594-RI
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout): ST-A-763593-A AA AT-GP PRC
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout): ST-A-763594-A AA ATGP PRC
- Rights Society (A1 to A3, B2, B3): BMI
- Rights Society (A4, B1): ASCAP
|SD 1686||Rahsaan Roland Kirk*||Other Folks' Music (LP, Album, PR)||Atlantic||SD 1686||US||1976|
|COL-CD-6343||Rahsaan Roland Kirk*||Other Folks' Music (CD, Album, RE)||Collectables||COL-CD-6343||US||2002|
|SD 1686||Rahsaan Roland Kirk*||Other Folks' Music (LP, Album, MO)||Atlantic||SD 1686||US||1976|
|8122-79686-0||Rahsaan Roland Kirk*||Other Folks' Music (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Atlantic||8122-79686-0||Europe||2013|
|WPCR-27173||Rahsaan Roland Kirk*||Other Folks' Music (CD, Album, Ltd, RE, RM)||Atlantic||WPCR-27173||Japan||2012|