The Gourds - Gogitchyershinebox FLAC album
Genre: Folk and World music
FLAC version ZIP size: 1536 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1827 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1368 mb
Other Formats: VQF MP1 MMF MPC AIFF DXD XM
Blues Rock The Gourds. Band Name The Gourds. Album Name Gogitchyershinebox. 版公司 Watermelon Records.
The Gourds are an American alternative country band that formed in Austin, Texas, United States, during the summer of 1994. After playing together for 19 consecutive years, the band went on hiatus in 2013. Primarily evolving from the Picket Line Coyotes and the Grackles, The Gourds first line-up consisted of Kevin Russell (vocals, guitar, mandolin), Jimmy Smith (vocals, bass, guitar), Claude Bernard (accordion, guitar, vocals), and Charlie Llewellin (drums, percussion).
In 1998, Austin, TX, alt-country rockers the Gourds released the eight-track EP Gogitchyershinebox as a companion piece to their full-length album Stadium Blitzer. In a somewhat predictable twist of fate, it was the EP's cover of Snoop Dogg 's "Gin and Juice" that garnered the most attention and radio play.
The Gourds Live at Bluebird Theater 6/18/03. SongMeanings is a place for discussion and discovery.
The Gourds - Shinebox (2001). Country FLAC, APE. Artist: The Gourds Title: Shinebox Year Of Release: 2001 Label: Sugarhill Genre: Country, Bluegrass Quality: FLAC (tracks+. On this re-sequenced and expanded version of 1998's Gogitchyershinebox EP, the highlight remains the band's ramshackle acoustic rendition of Snoop Dogg's "Gin and Juice. But new covers of Nils Lofgren's "Everybody's Missing the Sun" and Billy Joe Shaver's "Omaha" are equally as inspired. Whether this album-length re-release was intended as a stopgap or as a reward to fans who missed out on the EP back when it was still in print, the significant new song additions make Shinebox worth its purchase price.
Profile: Austin, Texas alt country/indie/roots band. Gogitchyershinebox (CD, EP). Watermelon Records.
Gogitchyershinebox offers only four Gourds-penned songs, but they ably represent a band with plenty of poetry and irony in its toolbox. For example, the aggressive "Lament", about a preacher's visits to a sinner's home, juggles the short-term benefits of claiming religious virtue with the simplicity of avoiding the facade altogether.
|2||Gin And Juice||6:24|
|Live At The Melkweg|
|5||Trampled By The Sun||1:42|
- Record Company – Sire Records Group
- Licensed From – Munich Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Watermelon Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Watermelon Records Inc.
- Manufactured By – WEA Mfg. Olyphant – W3931
- Recorded At – Melkweg, Amsterdam
- Recorded At – Arlyn Studios
- Mixed At – Arlyn Studios
- Mixed At – The Fire Station
- Edited At – Terra Nova Digital Audio
- Mastered At – Masterdisk
- Artwork – Victor Hernandez
- Design – Brian Auderer
- Drums [Traps], Maracas, Other [Good Vibe] – Keith Langford
- Engineer – Gert De Bruyn* (tracks: 4 to 8)
- Guitar – Jon Dee Graham
- Management – Mike Stewart Productions
- Mastered By – Greg Calbi
- Photography By [Band] – Jeff Dolan
- Producer – Mike Stewart
- Producer [With] – The Gourds
- Vocals [Singing], Accordion, Organ [B-3], Guitar – Claude Bernard
- Vocals [Singing], Bass, Guitar, Tambourine, Other [Misc Things] – Jimmy Smith
- Vocals [Singing], Mandolin, Guitar – Kevin Russell
NotesTracks 4 to 8 recorded live May 5, 1998 for VPRO radio show "Rumble."
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 1597-10071-2 4
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): wea mfg. OLYPHANT W3931 2 10071-2 01 M1S2
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 2U4A
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): wea mfg. OLYPHANT W3931 2 10071-2 01 M1S1
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 2U2O
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI L901