Benny Andersson · Tim Rice · Björn Ulvaeus - Chess FLAC album
Genre: Electronic / Rock / Pop music / Stage and Screen
Style: Pop Rock, Musical, Ballad, Synth-pop
FLAC version ZIP size: 1145 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1504 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1302 mb
Other Formats: XM MP1 WMA DXD AA MPC MOD
However, the male half (Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus) managed to make something that caught my attention. This concept album about an international chess tournament has a great combination of catchy pop tunes ("One Night in Bangkok", "The Deal", "Nobody's Side") and beautiful orchestral work ("Chess", "You and I", "Anthem"). Never before has chess sounded so exciting. Reply Notify me Helpful.
Mountain Duet by Björn Ulvaeus & Benny Andersson Lyrics. Originally released as a concept album by Benny Andersson and Bjorn Ulvaeus with lyrics by Tim Rice, and later famously adapted into a stage musical, Chess tells the story of two chess champions from both sides of the Cold War fighting over the manager of one who has fallen in love with the other.
Chess was the concept album written by Tim Rice and composed by Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus, and it was something you might have expected from the lyricist who brought you Jesus Christ Superstar and Evita and the musical team that wrote the songs and made up the male half of ABBA. That is to say, it had a meaty scenario and lots of catchy, eclectic pop music. But unlike Rice's earlier concept albums, this one was not based on an existing story to provide the lyricist with a plot. Instead, he drew upon existing .
Altri album di Benny Andersson, Tim Rice & Björn Ulvaeus. All Albums of Benny Andersson, Tim Rice & Björn Ulvaeus .
He co-produced the film Mamma Mia! with fellow ABBA member and close friend Benny Andersson. Björn Kristian Ulvaeus was born in Gothenburg on 25 April 1945. In 1951, he moved with his family to Västervik, Kalmar County.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A2||The Russian And Molokov / Where I Want To Be||6:19|
|A4||Quartet (A Model Of Decorum And Tranquillity)||2:17|
|B1||The American And Florence / Nobody's Side||5:25|
Vocals [Sung By] – Alan Byers, Leslie Fyson, Peter Bambo*, Vernon Midgley
|C1||Bangkok / One Night In Bangkok
Flute [Bangkok] – Björn J:son LindhVocals [Chorus On 'One Night In Bangkok' Sung By] – Anders Glenmark
|C2||Heaven Help My Heart||3:29|
|C4||I Know Him So Well||4:15|
|C5||The Deal (No Deal)||3:54|
|C6||Pity The Child||5:31|
|D2||Epilogue: You And I / The Story Of Chess||10:24|
- Record Company – Polar Music International AB
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – 3 Knights Ltd
- Copyright (c) – 3 Knights Ltd
- Published By – Union Songs AB
- Recorded At – Polar Studios
- Mixed At – Polar Studios
- Recorded At – CTS Studios
- Recorded At – Olympic Studios
- Recorded At – Roundhouse Studios
- Printed By – SIB-Tryck AB, Norsborg
- Lacquer Cut At – Toolex Alpha
- Arranged By – Anders Eljas, Benny Andersson
- Backing Vocals – Anders Glenmark, Karin Glenmark
- Backing Vocals [Additional] – Liza Öhman
- Bass – Rutger Gunnarsson
- Chorus Master [Choirmaster, The Ambrosian Singers] – John McCarthy
- Copyist – Keith Roberts
- Design – Dewynters Ltd. London*
- Drums, Percussion – Per Lindvall
- Engineer [Assistant At CTS] – Dick Lucy, Henry Edwards , Tim Pennington
- Engineer [Assistant At Olympic] – John Kind, Keith Grant, Toby Alington
- Engineer [Assistant At Roundhouse] – Neil Hutchinson
- Engineer, Mixed By – Michael B. Tretow
- Guitar – Lasse Wellander
- Keyboards, Synthesizer – Anders Eljas, Benny Andersson
- Liner Notes – W. R. Hartston*
- Liner Notes [Authors' Note] – Benny Andersson, Björn Ulvaeus, Tim Rice
- Management – Görel Hanser, Judy Craymer
- Orchestrated By, Conductor – Anders Eljas
- Performer – Barbara Dickson, Björn Skifs, Denis Quilley, Elaine Paige, Murray Head, The Ambrosian Singers, London Symphony Orchestra*, Tommy Körberg
- Photography By – Anders Hanser
- Plated By – BA*
- Producer – Benny Andersson, Björn Ulvaeus, Tim Rice
NotesGatefold sleeve. Includes 20 page 12" booklet with synopsis in English, French and German as well as full English lyrics.
Digitally recorded and mixed at Polar Music Studios, Stockholm.
Additional recordings at CTS Studios, Olympic Studios and Roundhouse Studios, London.
Not all tracks' durations are listed separately.
A Three Knights Production.
℗ © 1984 3 Knights Ltd
Copyright Administered by Union Songs AB
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: n©b
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout scratched): BA-Tα X POLYX-L2-600-1/3
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout scratched): BA-Tα POLYX-L2-600/2 Ⅲ ✰ T.X. 841022
- Matrix / Runout (Side C runout scratched): BA-Tα POLYX-L2-600-3 4
- Matrix / Runout (Side D runout scratched): BA-Tα POLYX-L2-600/4 Ⅱ T.X. 841011 ✰
|CPK2-5340||Benny Andersson, Tim Rice, Björn Ulvaeus||Benny Andersson, Tim Rice, Björn Ulvaeus - Chess (2xCass, Album)||Polar||CPK2-5340||US||1984|
|DL PL 619/20||Benny Andersson, Tim Rice, Björn Ulvaeus||Benny Andersson, Tim Rice, Björn Ulvaeus - Chess (2xLP, Album)||RCA||DL PL 619/20||South Africa||1984|
|PD70500||Benny Andersson · Tim Rice · Björn Ulvaeus||Benny Andersson · Tim Rice · Björn Ulvaeus - Chess (2xCD, Album, RP, Fat + Box)||RCA||PD70500||Germany||Unknown|
|PD70500||Benny Andersson, Tim Rice, Björn Ulvaeus||Benny Andersson, Tim Rice, Björn Ulvaeus - Chess (2xCD, Album + Box)||RCA||PD70500||UK & Europe||1984|
|POLYXC 2-600||Benny Andersson, Tim Rice, Björn Ulvaeus||Benny Andersson, Tim Rice, Björn Ulvaeus - Chess (2xCass, Album + Box)||Polar||POLYXC 2-600||Scandinavia||1984|