Allegra Levy - Lonely City FLAC album
Title: Lonely City
Style: Post Bop, Contemporary Jazz
FLAC version ZIP size: 1566 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1322 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1123 mb
Other Formats: RA AU DTS DMF MPC MIDI MP1
Steep in the traditions of classic jazz interludes, Lonely City from vocalist Allegra Levy resonates with authentic American swing trimmings and smooth blues grooves.
Lonely City 10. Our Lullabye 11. The Duet. Steep in the traditions of classic jazz interludes, Lonely City from vocalist Allegra Levy resonates with authentic American swing trimmings and smooth blues grooves. The pop ballad The Duet closes the album looming soft bass notes around Levy’s vocals as gently twinkling keys are entwined in violin swirls creating delicate silhouettes along the track. The frolicking cantor of Levy’s vocals is expressive sharing the impulsive nature of Regina Spektor to improvise along the vocal melody.
Exclusive Prime pricing.
Allegra Levy - Why Do I, 05:19, . MB download mp3 full version here. Download Allegra Levy - Why Do I. Go back. Lonely City: Best 2 songs. Allegra Levy - A New Face 04:53. Allegra Levy - The Duet 05:12. Allegra Levy: best 2 tracks. Allegra Levy - Dear Friend Cities Between Us, 2017 05:14. Allegra Levy - A New Face Lonely City, 2014 04:53. Artist: Allegra Levy.
Dopo il debutto del 2014 (Lonely City, SteepleChase) in questo secondo disco Allegra cambia organico e clima espressivo. Tra i nuovi partner spiccano Kirk Knuffke alla cornetta, Jay Anderson al contrabbasso e Billy Drummond alla batteria mentre l'atmosfera generale non è più intimista e malinconica ma ritmicamente spigliata e ricca di groove. A questo proposito Neil Tesser, che ha vergato le note di copertina, nota che il sottotitolo dell'album potrebbe essere The Lighter Side of Allegra Levy.
Allegra Levy writes her own. From the plaintive title track of her boldly autobiographical debut album, LONELY CITY, to the haunting strains of her new CD, CITIES BETWEEN US, the 27-year-old singer-songwriter has penned a lyrical collection of harmonically liar originals steeped in the tradition of the Great American Songbook. Levy, a native of Connecticut now based in New York, has been dubbed a "double-barreled talent" by JazzTimes and was one of this month’s featured players in Downbeat Magazine
Lonely City 10. The Duet +
|2||I Don't Want To Be In Love||3:57|
|4||A New Face||4:53|
|5||Why Do I||5:19|
|6||A Better Day||4:57|
|7||I'm Not Okay||5:17|
- Copyright (c) – SteepleChase Productions ApS
- Arranged By – Carmen Staaf (tracks: 3, 8, 11), John McNeil (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 6, 7)
- Artwork [Cover Art] – Andrew Glantz
- Bass – Jorge Roeder
- Cello – Mariel Roberts (tracks: 11)
- Drums, Percussion – Richie Barshay
- Guitar – Andy Green (tracks: 9), Steve Cardenas (tracks: 1)
- Photography By – Jamie Santamour
- Piano – Carmen Staaf
- Producer – Nils Winther
- Producer [Session Producer], Liner Notes – John McNeil
- Recorded By, Mixed By, Mastered By – Michael Perez-Cisneros
- Tenor Saxophone – Adam Kolker
- Trombone – Lolly Bienenfeld (tracks: 2)
- Trumpet – John Bailey
- Viola – Victor Lowrie (tracks: 11)
- Violin – Fung Chern Hwei (tracks: 11), Mark Feldman (tracks: 3, 8)
- Voice – Aubrey Johnson (tracks: 9)
- Voice, Composed By, Lyrics By – Allegra Levy
NotesRecorded July 1 & 2, 2013
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 16043 31182 8