Augie March - Strange Bird FLAC album
Genre: Rock / Folk and World music
Title: Strange Bird
Style: Folk Rock
FLAC version ZIP size: 1186 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1248 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1417 mb
Other Formats: MPC AIFF FLAC MOD VQF VOC AC3
Augie March – Strange Bird. Selo: BMG Australia – 74321968622. Formato: CD, Album, Repress. Administrator – David Collins (4). Art Direction – Augie March.
By: Augie March (2002, Rock). More albums from Augie March: Bootikins by Augie March. Watch Me Disappear by Augie March. Havens Dumb by Augie March. Sunset Studies by Augie March. Moo, You Bloody Choir by Augie March. View all albums . Strange Bird. By: Augie March (2002, Rock).
Augie March's sophomore album Strange Bird opens with just this intro, cleverly transferred from the snare and toms to the guitar and hi-hat, but still booming with immediacy. So now that they've got your attention, does this Aussie quintet have anything to say? Quite a lot, it turns out, with an 18-page lyric booklet to spell it out if you become lost in their heavy accents. Indeed, if there's a complaint to be made about Strange Bird, it's that there is a surplus of sound. At the end of "Brundisium", they sound like three Wrecking Crews, and it distracts a bit from the exquisite melody that the jam overtakes. Likewise, Glenn Richards' rich, soft lead vox on closer "O Song" are backed by a wailing accompaniment uttering the same lines low in the mix, a la Pink Floyd's "Southampton Dock", and it's slightly too much- the harmonium and horns had the backing down just fine, thanks.
Redirected from This Train Will Be Taking No Passengers). Strange Bird is the second studio album by the Australian indie rock band Augie March. It was first released on 14 October 2002 in Australia by BMG and was re-released in the United States on 14 September 2004 by spinART.
Strange Bird/Sunset Studies. This two-fer from lush, Australian alternative rock outfit Augie March includes the band's best two offerings. 2000's Sunset Studies was the album that made them famous in their native Australia (it also boasts "Heartbeat and Sails," which is one of their best singles), while the near-perfect Strange Bird brought them accolades internationally when it was reissued in 2002. Track Listing - Disc 1. Title/Composer.
Augie March-Strange Bird (Australian Import) CD New Condition: Brand New. Time left: 21h 40m 39s. Ships to: Worldwide. Strange Bird Augie March Condition: Like New. Time left: 1d 22h 35m 43s. The best album by Augie March is Moo, You Bloody Choir which is ranked number 5372 in the list of all-time albums with a total rank score of 314. Augie March album bestography. Higher ranked (5,372nd) This album (7,891st) Lower ranked (13,239th) Moo, You Bloody Choir Strange Bird Sunset Studies. Members who like this album also like: Transform by Alva Noto, Elephant Shoe by Arab Strap and The Campfire Headphase by Boards Of Canada. Listen to Strange Bird on YouTube. Augie March - The Drowning Dream. Augie March - The Vineyard. Augie March - Little Wonder (Video).
Augie March – Strange Bird.
|2||This Train Will Be Taking No Passengers||4:30|
|4||The Night Is A Blackbird||5:22|
|5||O Mi Sol Li Lon||1:21|
|6||Song In The Key Of Chance||4:53|
|7||Up The Hill And Down||0:22|
|8||There's Something At The Bottom Of The Black Pool||4:19|
|11||The Drowning Dream||4:37|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – BMG Australia Limited
- Copyright (c) – BMG Australia Limited
- Recorded At – Megaphon Studios
- Recorded At – Sing Sing Studios
- Recorded At – Big Jesus Burger Studios
- Recorded At – Martin Street Studios
- Mixed At – Preston Studios
- Mixed At – Sing Sing Studios
- Mixed At – Martin Street Studios
- Mastered At – Sing Sing Studios
- Administrator [Recording] – David Collins
- Art Direction – Augie March
- Band – Adam Donovan, David Williams , Edmondo Ammendola, Glenn Richards, Kiernan Box
- Clarinet – Matthew Habben (tracks: 13)
- Design, Typography, Photography [Cover] – Sam Hickey
- Management – Matthew High
- Management [Label] – Lisa Barbagallo
- Mastered By – Tony "Jack The Bear" Mantz*
- Mixed By – Chris Thompson (tracks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14)
- Mixed By [Assisted By] – Matt Voigt
- Photography [Band] – David Quick
- Recorded By – Chris Thompson (tracks: 3, 4, 7, 8, 13), Chris Townend (tracks: 11, 14), Paul McKercher (tracks: 1, 2, 6, 9, 10)
- Recorded By [Assisted By] – Brett Thompson , Matt Voigt, Steve McMillan
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Adam Donovan (tracks: 12), Glenn Richards (tracks: 5, 12)
- Saxophone – Matthew Habben (tracks: 8, 14)
- Trombone – Adam Hutterer (tracks: 8)
- Trumpet – Ken Gardner (tracks: 3, 8, 14)
- Violin – Naomi Evans (tracks: 6, 13)
- Written-By – Glenn Richards
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 743219 686220
- Barcode (Scanned): 0 743219 686220
|74321968652||Augie March||Strange Bird (CD, Ltd)||Ra Records||74321968652||Australia||2002|
|SPART 153||Augie March||Strange Bird (CD)||spinART Records||SPART 153||US||2002|
|88875138121||Augie March||Strange Bird (2xLP, Album)||Sony Music Australia||88875138121||Australia||2016|