Julian Plenti - Is... Skyscraper FLAC album
Genre: Rock / Pop music
Title: Is... Skyscraper
Style: Alternative Rock, Indie Rock
FLAC version ZIP size: 1295 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1631 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1768 mb
Other Formats: MP2 AUD AC3 AIFF APE AUD MP3
Skyscraper is the first solo album released by Paul Banks, the lead singer for the band Interpol, under the name Julian Plenti. It was released on August 4, 2009. The music video for "Games for Days" was directed by Javier Aguilera and features Emily Haines from Metric. co Skyscraper "could almost be two different albums – one with folky, Bon Iver-esque lullabies and one with upbeat art-rock stomps.
A solo album - yet not, Julian Plenti Is Skyscraper is the debut album from the alter ego of Interpol's Paul Banks. Plenti played acoustic performances around New York City during the late '90s until Interpol took off in 2001; it wasn't until 2006, thanks to the help of recording software Logic Pro, that Banks returned to the Plenti material. The Plenti identity - as well as a host of musicians that only include a couple of Interpol collaborators - gives these songs a little more distance from any Interpol baggage than if they were released as a Paul Banks' solo album
Skyscraper in August 2009 under the name Julian Plenti. Some of the songs were written more than ten years before the album was released. The album is described as sounding similar to Interpol, as well as having some straight-ahead guitar rock songs.
This album has an average beat per minute of 125 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 98/172 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page Skyscraper Skyscraper. Album starts at 150BPM, ends at 114BPM (-36), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing).
In Julian Plenti's "Skyscraper" you can hear that Paul has his own style and sense of experimentation. It was the perfect time for it too. If you listen to "C'Mere" on Antics you can tell that Paul was going to do something on his own. The album sounds perfect from start to finish. Track 3, "Skyscraper" is simple in lyrics but has a ton of depth to it. You get one part soft and ambient and one part pop mixed on the album. All in all, Paul is great as Julian Plenti. Like Bowie and all of his alternate egos, Julian just may dissapear. But who knows? Maybe.
Sticker on front cover of case: "Julian Plenti. The debut album featuring "Only If You Run". Marketed and distributed exclusively in Australia by Inertia Pty Ltd. ww. nertia-music. Distributed in New Zealand by Rhythmethod Marketing and Promotion by Remote Control.
Still, the Interpol frontman takes one step out of the post-punk vault for his solo debut, skulking into a crypt filled with strings, horns, pianos and acoustic guitars.
Album · 2009 · 12 Songs. His voice is more expansive, but that’s what years of singing to a carefully contrived aesthetic will do. Banks loosens up vocally, but musically he’s every bit as high tech as the next technologically advanced studio hound. Games for Days is more to the point, an insistent guitar-based new-wave pop tune updated for the new millennium.
|1||Only If You Run||3:49|
|2||Fun That We Have||3:41|
|4||Games For Days||3:57|
|6||No Chance Survival||4:04|
|8||Girl On The Sporting News||2:53|
|9||On The Esplanade||3:41|
|10||Fly As You Might||3:57|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Matador Records
- Copyright (c) – Matador Records
- Recorded At – Seaside Lounge
- Overdubbed At – Electric Lady Studios
- Mixed At – Tarquin Studios
- Recorded At – Tarquin Studios
- Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone – Glenn White (tracks: 7, 11)
- Art Direction – Paul Banks
- Baritone Saxophone – Alex Weiss (tracks: 7)
- Bass – Dmitry Ishenko* (tracks: 1, 4, 8)
- Cello – Yoed Nir (tracks: 3, 5, 8 to 11)
- Design – Mark O
- Double Bass [Upright] – Dmitry Ishenko* (tracks: 3, 6, 11)
- Drums – Charles Burst (tracks: 1, 3, 8), Sam Fogarino* (tracks: 4), Striker Manley (tracks: 2, 6)
- Guitar [Harmony] – Mike Stroud (tracks: 3)
- Other [Logic Gurus] – Jeremy Kirkland, Trevort Luikart
- Other [Session Logistics] – Dmitry Ishenko
- Photography By – Matthew Salacuse
- Producer [Additional], Music By [Additional], Mixed By – Peter Katis
- Recorded By – Charles Burst, Mitch Rackin
- Recorded By [Additional] – Greg Giorgio, Peter Katis
- Tracking By [Vocals Tracked With] – Noah Goldstein
- Violin, Viola – Jessica Pavone (tracks: 1, 3, 5, 8, 10, 11)
- Written-By, Producer – Julian Plenti
NotesRecorded at The Seaside Lounge.
Vocals tracked at Electric Lady Studios.
Mixed at Tarquin Studios.
Additional recording at Tarquin Studios.
©℗ 2009 Matador Records
Comes in a standard jewel case
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 44861 08732 8
- Label Code: LC11552
- Matrix / Runout: arvato digital services BERTELSMANN 53730468/OLE873-2 21
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LB 47
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 0773
|Ole 873-2||Julian Plenti||Is... Skyscraper (CD, Album)||Matador, Remote Control||Ole 873-2||Australia||2009|
|none||Julian Plenti||Is... Skyscraper (CDr, Album, Promo)||Matador, Warner Music, Beggars Japan||none||Japan||2009|
|OLE 873-2V||Julian Plenti||Is... Skyscraper (CD, Album, Promo)||Matador||OLE 873-2V||US||2009|
|ANGLO 037||Julian Plenti||Is... Skyscraper (CD, Album)||UltraPop||ANGLO 037||Argentina||2009|
|OLE873-1||Julian Plenti||Is...Skyscraper (LP, Album, Gat)||Matador||OLE873-1||UK||2009|