Glinka, Boris Martinovich, Alexandrina Pendatchanska, Chris Merritt, Stefania Toczyska, Stoil Georgiev, Mincho Popov, Konstantin Videv, Sofia National Opera Chorus, Sofia Festival Orchestra, Emil Tchakarov - A Life For The Tsar FLAC album
Genre: Classical music
Title: A Life For The Tsar
Style: Opera, Romantic
FLAC version ZIP size: 1737 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1480 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1155 mb
Other Formats: AAC RA AU ADX AHX MP1 MPC
Label: Sony Classical – S3K 46 487. Series: The Russian Opera –. Format: 3 CD, Album. A Life For The Tsar (Ivan Susanin), Opera In Four Acts And Epilogue. 1-1. A Life For The Tsar, Overture.
Chris Merritt copes admirably with the high tenor part and perhaps needs excusing if his Russian is not quite idiomatic and his vocal production a bit edgy, as his voice type is rare. Alexandrina Pendachanska is powerful and exciting, if erratic, occasionally making some harsh, shrill, over-vibrant sounds.
1989, Emil Tchakarov (Conductor), Sofia National Opera Chorus (chorus masters: Lyubomir Karoleev and Hristo Kazandjiev); Sofia Festival Orchestra; Boris Martinovich (Susanin); Alexandrina Pendachanska (Antonida); Chris Merritt (Sobinin); Stefania Toczyska (Vanya); Stoil Georgiev (Commander of the Polish detachment); Mincho Popov (Polish messenger); Konstantin Videv (Commander of the Russian.
Title: A Life For The Tsar.
A Life for the Tsar, Ivan Susanin. Ruslan i Lyudmila (Ruslan and Lyudmila). Chorus and Orchestra of the Mariinsky Theater. conducted by Valery Gergiev. Recording location : National Palace of Culture, Hall 1, Sofia. Recording date : 09-15 September 1989. Alexandrina Pendachanska.
Orchestra - Belgrade National Opera. Vanya - Stefania Toczyska. Sigizmund King of Poland - Stoil Georgiev.
|A1||Overture; Act 1|
|C1||Act 2 Finale; Act 3|
|F1||Act 4; Epilogue|
- Recorded At – Hall 1, National Palace Of Culture, Sofia
- Copyright (c) – Sony Classical GmbH
- Distributed By – Sony Music
- Alto Vocals – Stefania Toczyska
- Bass Vocals – Boris Martinovich, Konstantin Videv, Stoil Georgiev
- Chorus – Sofia National Opera Chorus
- Chorus Master – Hristo Kazandjiev, Lyubomir Karoleev
- Co-producer – Ekaterina Dotcheva
- Conductor – Emil Tchakarov
- Design [Cover] – B. Kruck, C.C. Garbers
- Engineer – Wolfgang Gülich
- Orchestra – Sofia Festival Orchestra
- Painting [Cover] – Wjatscheslav Grigorjewitsch Schwarz
- Producer – Michel Glotz
- Soprano Vocals – Alexandrina Pendatchanska
- Tenor Vocals – Chris Merritt, Mincho Popov
NotesOpera in four acts and epilogue
Recorded September 9-15, 1989
Co-production with Music Mondial
Manufactured in Austria
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 099704 648743
- Distribution Code: CB 493