New York Dolls - New York Dolls FLAC album
Title: New York Dolls
FLAC version ZIP size: 1800 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1789 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1254 mb
Other Formats: VOC AIFF AC3 FLAC VOX MPC TTA
New York Dolls is the debut album by the American hard rock band New York Dolls. It was released on July 27, 1973, by Mercury Records. In the years leading up to the album, the New York Dolls had developed a local fanbase by playing regularly in lower Manhattan after forming in 1971. However, most music producers and record companies were reluctant to work with them because of their vulgarity and onstage fashion; the group later appeared in exaggerated drag on the album cover for shock value.
Нравится слушателям: Talking Heads, The Velvet Underground, The Stone Roses. 2004 Live from Royal Festival Hall 2004. The Return of the New York Dolls - Live From Royal Festival Hall, 2004.
Rock'n Roll (New York Dolls album). Rock'n Roll is a 1994 compilation album by the New York Dolls. It features all the songs from their self-titled album, with the exception of their cover of Bo Diddley's song "Pills", and selections from Too Much Too Soon.
TEASER :: NY Dolls on The Green Room (presented by ZUNE).
Album, 1973, Mercury Records. 1. Personality Crisis. Evil Dolls (New York Tapes 72-73). Album, 1993, Munster Records, Skydog, Meldac.
The album cover hits with a stark black and white photo, title scrawled in lipstick red aross the top. The boys appear on a white satin couch with a strange combination of high pop-star drag and ruthless street arrogance. There’s lipstick, eyeshadow and platform boots, but there’s also some sinister slipstream flowing here. But the Dolls are a lot more than just another visually weird band. In much the same way that the Stones and the Who began as symbols of and for their club audiences, the Dolls, in their series of legendary gigs at the Mercer Arts Center came to be the forefront of a new creature/clan.
When the New York Dolls released their debut album in 1973, they managed to be named both "Best New Band" and "Worst Band" in Creem Magazine's annual reader's poll, and it usually takes something special to polarize an audience like that
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A2||Looking For A Kiss||3:19|
|A4||Lonely Planet Boy||4:09|
Written-By – E. McDaniel*
- Recorded At – Record Plant, N.Y.C.
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Arranged By – The New York Dolls*
- Bass – Arthur Harold Kane*
- Drums – Jerry Nolan
- Engineer – Ed Sprigg, Jack Douglas
- Executive-Producer – David Krebs, Marty Thau, Paul Nelson, Steve Leber
- Guitar, Vocals – Johnny Thunders
- Guitar, Vocals, Piano – Sylvain Sylvain
- Producer, Piano [Additional], Synthesizer [Moog] – Todd Rundgren
- Saxophone – The Fantastic Buddy Bowser
- Vocals, Harmonica, Gong – David Jo Hansen*
- Written-By – Kane* (tracks: B5), JoHansen* (tracks: A1 to B3, B5, B6), Thunders* (tracks: A1, B2, B3, B6), Sylvain* (tracks: A5, B1)
NotesRecorded at Record Plant Studios, New York.
Reissue With Original Cover With Words "Pop Legends" Printed On Cover Backside
Different label than New York Dolls - New York Dolls
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: STEMRA
- Matrix / Runout: AA 6336 280 1Y1 670 1210
- Matrix / Runout: AA 6336 280 2Y1 670 1210
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side A (Variant 1)): AA 6336 280 1Y1 670 12 9 06
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side B (Variant 1)): AA 6336 280 2Y1 670 12 9 06
|SRM-1-675, SRM 1-675||New York Dolls||New York Dolls (LP, Album)||Mercury, Mercury||SRM-1-675, SRM 1-675||US||1973|
|none||New York Dolls||New York Dolls (11xFile, FLAC)||Mercury||none||USA & Europe||2014|
|PHCR-6043||New York Dolls||New York Dolls (CD, Album, RE)||Mercury||PHCR-6043||Japan||1991|
|6338270||New York Dolls||New York Dolls (LP, Album, M/Print)||Mercury||6338270||Australia||1974|
|P2 32752||New York Dolls||New York Dolls (CD, Album, Club, RE, CRC)||Mercury||P2 32752||US||Unknown|