Jerry Harrison - The Red And The Black FLAC album
Title: The Red And The Black
Style: New Wave
FLAC version ZIP size: 1840 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1379 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1451 mb
Other Formats: AHX APE WAV DTS APE MMF WAV
The Red and the Black is the first solo album by Jerry Harrison, who rose to prominence as a member of The Modern Lovers and Talking Heads. All songs written by Jerry Harrison, except where noted. Additional lyrics by Nona Hendryx. Adrian Belew - guitar solos (tracks 1-3, 6, 7 & 9). Yogi Horton - drums (tracks 1, 4-9)
Engineered by Dave Jerden, Mixed at Eldorado by Dave Jerden and Jerry Harrison. Mastering by Eddy Schreyer. Previously unreleased on CD, reissued from original 1981' vinyl format only. Other Versions (5 of 21) View All. Cat.
More albums from Jerry Harrison: Casual Gods by Jerry Harrison. View all albums . The Red And The Black. By: Jerry Harrison (1981, Rock). 1. Things Fall Apart. 3. The New Adventure. 5. Fast Karma, No Questions. 6. Worlds In Collision. 9. No Warning, No Alarm. More albums from Jerry Harrison: Casual Gods by Jerry Harrison.
Jerry Harrison, no musical novice by any stretch (check out his work with the early Modern Lovers), proves his formidable talent as a t and songwriter for the first time in this close-up. There's little doubt that Harrison's debut is informed most directly by the last few Talking Heads albums, particularly the genre-defining Remain in Light. The polyrhythmic exercises, spoken word interludes, and Enoesque knob twiddling are standard parts of Harrison's palette
Jerry Harrison chronology. The Red and the Black (1981). Casual Gods (1988)Casual Gods1988. In March 1977, they added Jerry Harrison, formerly of Jonathan Richmans band The Modern Lovers and their first album was released soon afterwards, Talking Heads,77, which did not contain the earlier single. The album received acclaim and spawned what became the groups first charted single. The song was released to the radio just months after the killer known as the Son of Sam had been terrorizing New York City. However, it was revealed that Byrne had written the song nearly four years earlier.
All songs written by Jerry Harrison, except where noted. In English, Le Rouge et le Noir is variously translated as Red and Black, Scarlet and Black, and The Red and the Black, without the sub-title.
Jerry Harrison (born Jeremiah Griffin Harrison, February 21, 1949, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin) is an American songwriter, musician and producer. He achieved fame as the keyboardist and guitarist for the pioneering New Wave band Talking Heads and as an original member of The Modern Lovers.
Jerry Harrison, Mill Valley, California. Jerry Harrison - Keyboard and guitar player for the legendary band Talking Heads . tcherettes ・・・ struggle/STRUGGLE (TAL) (version 3) Song, lyrics, music and vocal melodies: Teri Gender Bender Producer: Jerry Harrison yharrisonofficial Acoustic guitars: Joe Gore fiend and Jerry Harrison Engineered by Jon deBaun Mixed and mastered by scommon EP cover photograph by Gus Black tthemoon Stylized by heers and Kate Boucher Via records owermanagement. Jerry Harrison performs "European Son" by the Velvet Underground.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Things Fall Apart||4:57|
|A3||The New Adventure||5:05|
Lyrics By [Additional Lyrics By] – Nona Hendryx
|B1||Fast Karma / No Questions||3:55|
|B2||Worlds In Collision||5:09|
|B3||The Red Nights||3:57|
|B4||No More Reruns||4:21|
|B5||No Warning, No Alarm||3:35|
- Published By – Arizona Tunes, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Sire Records Company
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sire Records Company
- Marketed By – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Recorded At – Blank Tape Studios
- Recorded At – Eldorado Recording Studios
- Mixed At – Eldorado Recording Studios
- Mastered At – L.A. Mastering
- Pressed By – Capitol Records Pressing Plant, Winchester
- Arranged By [Vocals], Producer [Vocals] – Jerry Harrison, Nona Hendryx
- Backing Vocals – Dolette McDonald, Koko Mae Evans, Nona Hendryx
- Bass – George Murray (tracks: A1, A4, B4, B5), Tinker Barfield (tracks: A2, A4, B1, B4)
- Clavinet – Bernie Worrell (tracks: A4, B1)
- Design [Sleeve Design, With] – Jerry Harrison
- Design [Sleeve Design] – M&co.
- Drums – John Cooksey (tracks: A2), Steve Scales (tracks: A3), Yogi Horton (tracks: A1, A4 to B5)
- Engineer [Blank Tape, With], Engineer [Eldorado] – Dave Jerden
- Engineer [Blank Tape] – Butch Jones
- Guitar – Adrian Belew (tracks: A2)
- Guitar [Guitar Solos] – Adrian Belew (tracks: A1, A3, B2, B3, B5)
- Lyrics By [Additional] – Nona Hendryx
- Mastered By – Eddy Schreyer
- Mixed By – Dave Jerden, Jerry Harrison
- Organ – Bernie Worrell (tracks: A2)
- Percussion – Steve Scales
- Photography By [Cover Photo] – Chris Callis, Jerry Harrison
- Producer – Jerry Harrison
- Producer [With] – Dave Jerden
- Synthesizer – Bernie Worrell (tracks: A4)
- Vocals, Guitar, Bass, Synthesizer, Clavinet, Organ, Piano, Melodica, Percussion – Jerry Harrison
- Written-By – Bernie Worrell (tracks: A4), Jerry Harrison, Nona Hendryx (tracks: A4)
NotesRecorded at Blank Tapes Studios in New York (June 3-17, 1981) and Eldorado Recording Studios, Los Angeles (June 23-September 12, 1981).
Mixed at Eldorado. Mastered at L.A. Mastering.
All songs published by Arizona Tunes, Inc.
Includes a printed inner sleeve with lyrics.
© 1981 Sire Records Company
Made in U.S.A.
Marketed by Warner Bros. Records Inc.
Printed in U.S.A.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 7599-23631-1
- Barcode (Scanned): 075992363112
- Matrix / Runout (Runout A, etched): A-SRK-1-3631 WW-2 L.A.MAST
- Matrix / Runout (Runout B, etched): B-SRK-2-3631 - WW-1 II. 2
|SRK 3631||Jerry Harrison||The Red And The Black (LP, Album, Los)||Sire||SRK 3631||US||1981|
|SRK 3631||Jerry Harrison||The Red And The Black (LP, Album, Jac)||Sire||SRK 3631||US||1981|
|SIR 99519||Jerry Harrison||The Red And The Black (LP, Album)||Sire||SIR 99519||France||1981|
|99519||Jerry Harrison||The Red And The Black (LP, Album)||WEA||99519||Greece||1981|
|99519||Jerry Harrison||The Red And The Black (LP, Album, TP)||WEA||99519||Greece||1981|