Messiaen - Myung-Whun Chung, Orchestre Philharmonique De Radio France - Myung-Whun Chung Conducts Messiaen FLAC album
Genre: Classical music
Title: Myung-Whun Chung Conducts Messiaen
FLAC version ZIP size: 1808 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1909 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1902 mb
Other Formats: FLAC AUD MP3 MIDI WAV MP1 RA
Myung-Whun Chung Conducts Messiaen. Myung-Whun Chung is one of the foremost Messiaen conductors of his generation and he is gradually making his way though recording the composer's orchestral works for Deutsche Grammophon. This release features two of the composer's most important works, Trois Petites liturgies de la Présence divine and Couleurs de la cité celeste, as well as the lesser known Hymne au Saint-Sacrement pour grand orchestre.
In 1976, the orchestra was further renamed the Nouvel Orchestre Philharmonique de Radio France, with Gilbert Amy as its new musical director under its new name, and Emmanuel Krivine as principal guest conductor. Marek Janowski became principal guest conductor in 1984, and music director in 1989. That same year, the orchestra received its current name, the Orchestre Philharmonique de Radio France. Myung-whun Chung served as music director of the orchestra from 2000 to 2015. Chung now has the title of directeur musical honoraire (honorary musical director) of the orchestra
Myung-Whun Chung conducts the Orchestre Philharmonique de Radio France in Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 6 and Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 2. Live recording on September 19, 2014 at the Salle Pleyel (Paris). Myung-Whun Chung conducts the Orchestre Philharmonique de Radio France in Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. Russian music is celebrated in this concert beginning with Rachmaninoff’s very famous Piano Concerto No. Performed on stage ever since its creation, taken over by the movie industry (Billy Wilder’s comedy The Seven Year Itch with Marilyn Monroe for example), the piece have proven to stand the test of time.
Myung-Whun Chung conducts two central works of Tchaikovsky’s oeuvre: his Piano Concerto n° 1, performed by 2015 Chopin Competition winner Seong-Jin Cho, and his Symphony n° 6, the Pathétique. Concerts, spectacles, festivals, expositions, ateliers, conférences, week-end. estez informé des actualités de la Philharmonie de Paris. Nom . Prénom . Date de naissance.
Travel back in time with Myung-Whun Chung who conducts three iconic composers from the French 20th century: Claude Debussy, Olivier Messiaen and C. .The great success encountered by medici. The concert opens with the rarely performed Rhapsody for clarinet and orchestra by Debussy, performed by Nicolas Baldeyrou, the orchestra's first clarinet since 2011 and an internationally reknowned soloist
Complete your Messiaen - Myung-Whun Chung, Orchestre Philharmonique De Radio France collection. "Mon Jésus, Mon Silence".
The 4th and 9th movements are piano solos, playing the songs of the white-browed robin and the mockingbird, respectively.
Orchestre Philharmonique de Radio France. Recording Venue: Maison De Radio France, Salle Olivier Messiaen, Paris. 1. Antienne de la conversation intérieure. With Hymne au Saint-Sacrement of 1932 and Couleurs de la Cité Céleste the album forms a triplet of rarely heard religious music by one of the predominant French composers of the 20th century. Myung-Whun Chung is known as one of todays most accomplished conductors when it comes to the works of Olivier Messiaen; most notably in 1994 he gave the world première performance of Messiaen’s Concert à quatre, which was dedicated to Chung by the composer.
Please disable your ad blocker or, better yet, upgrade to Radio Plus. The music will continue in seconds.
|Trois Petites Liturgies De La Présence Divine||(34:04)|
|1||I. Antienne De La Conversation Intérieure (Dieu Présent En Nous...) "Mon Jésus, Mon Silence"||9:59|
|2||II. Séquence Du Verbe, Cantique Divin (Dieu Présent En Lui-Même...) "Il Est Parti Le Bien-Aimé"||6:20|
|3||III. Psalmodie De L'Ubiquité Par Amour (Dieu Présent En Toutes Choses...) "Tout Entier En Tous Lieux"||17:38|
|4||Couleurs De La Cité Céleste||17:25|
|5||Hymne Pour Grand Orchestre||16:44|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Deutsche Grammophon GmbH
- Published By – Éditions Durand
- Published By – Alphonse Leduc
- Published By – Boude Brothers, New York
- Recorded At – Salle Olivier Messiaen, Radio France, Paris, France
- Manufactured By – EDC, Germany – 52176949
- Art Direction – Fred Münzmaier
- Booklet Editor – Daniel Fesquet
- Chorus – Maîtrise De Radio France (tracks: 1 to 3)
- Chorus Master – Morgan Jourdain (tracks: 1 to 3)
- Composed By – Olivier Messiaen
- Conductor – Myung-Whun Chung
- Edited By – Gilles Pézerat* (tracks: 1 to 3), Philippe Thibaud (tracks: 4, 5)
- Engineer [Balance Engineer] – Gilles Pézerat* (tracks: 1 to 3), Yves Baudry (tracks: 4, 5)
- Engineer [Recording Engineer] – Dimitri Scapolan, Elsa Biston (tracks: 1 to 3)
- Executive-Producer – Matthias Spindler
- Liner Notes – Nigel Simeone
- Liner Notes [French Translation] – Dennis Collins
- Liner Notes [German Translation] – Reinhard Lüthje
- Mastered By – Radio France
- Ondes Martenot – Valérie Hartmann-Claverie (tracks: 1 to 3)
- Orchestra – Orchestre Philharmonique De Radio France
- Photography By [Cover Photo] – Jean-François Leclercq
- Piano – Catherine Cournot (tracks: 4), Roger Muraro (tracks: 1 to 3)
- Producer – Elsa Biston (tracks: 1 to 3), Vincent Villetard (tracks: 4, 5)
- Violin [Solo] – Hélène Collerette (tracks: 1 to 3)
NotesReleased in a super jewel box with a 22-page booklet with notes and lyrics in English, German & French.
Recording: Paris, Radio France, Salle Olivier Messiaen, 4/2008 (Petites Liturgies) & 7/2008 (Couleurs, Hymne).
℗ Deusche Grammophon GmbH, Hamburg · © Deusche Grammophon GmbH, Hamburg
Printed in the E.U.
Made in the E.U.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 28947 77944 5
- Matrix / Runout: [Universal logo x 4] 00289 477 794-4 01 + 52176949 Made in Germany by EDC
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LV27
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 0127
- Label Code: LC 0173
- Rights Society: BIEM / SABAM
- Other: 00289 477 7944 [GH]
|477 7944, D 174411||Chung*, Messiaen*, Orchestre Philharmonique De Radio France||Chung*, Messiaen*, Orchestre Philharmonique De Radio France - Trois Petites Liturgies (CD, Album)||Deutsche Grammophon, BMG Direct||477 7944, D 174411||US||2008|