Bob Howard And His Orchestra - 1937-1947 FLAC album
FLAC version ZIP size: 1933 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1148 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1750 mb
Other Formats: AAC AA MP2 AUD MP4 MOD MP3
Bob Howard and His Orchestra. Bojangles of Harlem, 02:42. Mendel's Son's Swing Song, 02:53. Sing, Baby, Sing, 02:57. Swinging On the Moon, 03:16. Copper Colored Gal, 02:50. That's What You Mean to Me, 03:14.
Bob Howard And His Orchestra – 1937-1947. Label: Classics (11) – CLASSICS 1055. Series: The Classics Chronological Series – 1055. Format: CD, Compilation.
16. Let's Not Fall In Love. 12. Wake Up And Sing. 17. Swing It, Bob - Part . lac. 10. You Hit The Spot. 02. I'm Painting The Town Re. 03. It's Funny What A Kiss Can D. 18.
06. That's What You Mean To Me. 06. You Fit Into The Picture. 07. Baby And It Must Be Love. Whose Big Baby Are You.
13 - Bob Howard and his Orchestra - I Can Tell By Looking In Your Eyes
Bob Howard did a lot of recording in the mid-'30s for Decca, with the hope that his Fats Waller-influenced jive singing would catch on as Waller's records had for Victor. It did not work out, but Howard did record enough material to fill up three CDs. This particular set has the 21 selections that he cut during five sessions in 1936-1937. Howard, who also played piano, sticks here exclusively to singing and is joined by sextets/septets that often include trumpeter Marty Marsalis, Sid Trucker, or Slats Long on clarinet and Zinky Cohn or Frank Froeba on piano.
Their First Recordings: 1937-1947 - El Mariachi Vargas de Técalitlan. Rembetika: The Ottoman Legacy 1925-1937, CD D - Various Artists. 1937-1952 - Ace Harris. Complete Jazz Series 1937 - 1947 - Bob Howard. History of Early Modern Greek Music 1925-1947 - Various Artists.
|1||Beat It Out||2:49|
|2||I'm Sorry I Made You Cry||2:44|
|3||What Do You Want To Make Those Eyes At Me For||2:31|
|4||She's Tall, She's Tan, She's Terrific||2:38|
|5||There Ain't Gonna Be No Doggone Afterwhile||2:30|
|6||If You're A Viper||2:22|
|7||Baby And It Must Be Love||2:46|
|8||Raggedy But Right||2:52|
|9||In My Miz||2:26|
|11||Just About The Time||2:26|
|12||Talk To Me||2:45|
|13||I Can Tell By Looking In Your Eyes||2:29|
|14||You Better Come Back||2:42|
|16||Southern Casey Jones||3:10|
|17||I Used To Love You||2:46|
|18||Keepin' Out Of Mischief Now||2:44|
|19||Sweet Emalina, My Gal||2:55|
|20||Beale Street Mama||2:37|
|21||You're Lucky In Kentucky Sure As You're Born||2:54|
|23||On Revival Day||2:37|
|25||Button Up Your Overcoat||2:50|
- Bass – Haig Stephens (tracks: 1 to 23), John Simmons (tracks: 24, 25)
- Clarinet – Slats Long (tracks: 1 to 4)
- Drums – Cozy Cole (tracks: 24, 25), O'Neil Spencer (tracks: 5 to 23), Stan King (tracks: 1 to 4)
- Guitar – Everett Barksdale (tracks: 24, 25), Frank Victor (tracks: 1 to 4), Teddy Bunn (tracks: 5 to 23)
- Piano – Billy Kyle (tracks: 13 to 23), Bob Howard (tracks: 24, 25), Frank Froeba (tracks: 1 to 12)
- Tenor Saxophone – Babe Russin (tracks: 1 to 4)
- Trumpet – Eddie Farley* (tracks: 1 to 4)
- Vocals – Bob Howard
NotesMisspelt 'The Chronogical Classics' on the front.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 3307517105523